Chapter 11- I Wanna Ask Ya Something...

Chapter 11

Dominic

I glared at Shane as he and Ella walked into the gym.

I was starting to question this guy.

Not that I ever trusted him, really. But I was close... and now I was far from it.

He knew something was wrong with my best friend, that Dr. Storm was using him as a freaking hand puppet.

And he didn’t say anything.

And what was with the whole Melody thing?

And knowing about the drug that Jeremy was high on?

How does he know everything, yet we are left in the dark?

And to top it off, he was making a move on my best friend’s girl.

Hell no.

“Dominic what are you thinking about?” Alyssa asked, coming up behind me and wrapping her arms around my waist.

My muscles relaxed immediately.

I smiled, almost forgetting everything.

She always had that effect on me.

“Stuff,” I responded, turning around.

“Stuff?” Alyssa challenged, raising her eyebrow, “What kind of stuff?”

I was going to respond when a bark stopped.

“Sparky,” Shane said, grinning like a little boy.

Who the hell names a wolf Sparky?

Alyssa was probably thinking the same thing.  

“Sparky?” Alyssa asked, smiling.

Shane smirked. “Yeah Sparky,” He said, patting the wolf on the head. “I was nine ok?” He added, rolling his eyes.

“But how did he end up in Dr. Storm’s lab?” I asked.

Getting more suspicious by the second.

“He was Dr. Storm’s lab rat before he moved on to... bigger things,” Shane explained. “I had to leave him there, but when we past his cage on the way in to the lab I opened it. He was bound to sniff me out.”

“I thought you said you had him since you were 9?” Ella asked, raising his eyebrow.

“I did say that,” Shane said emotionlessly. He got up, turning his back on us. “I’m gonna go feed Sparky. Come on boy,” Shane said, leaving.

“You thinkin’ what I’m thinkin’?” I asked Ella, looking at her.

She nodded, narrowing her eyes at Shane as he walked away.

“Thinking what?” Alyssa asked.

Aw, she’s so cute when she’s confused.

“A, Shane’s had Sparky since he was 9,” I explained, “That means he knew Dr. Storm when he was 9.”

Her jaw dropped.

“There’s more to Shane than meets the eye,” I concluded.

That was it. I was sick of being left in the dark.

“What are we all intense about?” I heard a voice say behind us. I turned around to see Jeremy, standing and smiling.

And he looked back to normal, which he should, it’s been three days. He didn’t have bags under his eyes anymore and his eyes were back to normal color. He wasn’t as pale as he was before.

He was back to his normal self.

“Jeremy,” I said, smiling, bring him to a man hug.

“Aw you missed me,” Jeremy joked, smiling. I laughed, shaking my head.

“You wish man,” I said, crossing my arms.

“Haha, I know you did. I mean, I would miss me too,” He joked.

“Jeremy!” Alyssa yelled, hugging him.

“Ouch, carefully,” Jeremy said, wincing in pain.

Oh yeah, his arms.

“Sorry, I forgot,” Alyssa said, quickly letting him go. I wrapped my arms around her waist as Jeremy turned to Ella.

“Hey,” he said, in a low voice, as if he was unsure she wanted to talk to him.

Me and Alyssa watched.

But Ella smiled, surprising us, as she wrapped her arms around his neck.  

“I’m glad you back,” Ella whispered into his ear, so softly I almost didn’t hear it.

Jeremy smiled. A real smile.

I’m pretty sure he hasn’t smiled since the break-up. 

“Me too,” Jeremy muffed into her hair.

I clapped my hands. “Well now that we’re all here...” I said, trailing off.

“What? What are you planning?”Jeremy asked, smiling. I answered by sending him a smile, my I’m up to no good smile and pulled out a chair. Standing on it, I cleared my throat to get everyone’s attention.

Several heads turned to me, looking at me confused.

“I wanna ask ya something,” I said, my voice loud and clear. “How much of Shane’s past do you guys even know?”

People started to whisper, probably questioning themselves.

Good, that’s what I wanted.

Damn, I’m a good talker.

“Dominic,” Ella whispered, using a tone that probably said she didn’t approve of what I was doing.

Like I care.

She blindly trusted him probably because she could he had ‘cute eyes’ or a ‘nice body’.

Ha, Woman.

“The truth is,” I said, ignoring Ella, “We don’t know anything about him, yet we practically put our lives in his hands. Does that seem fair?”

I looked around to see a few heads shaking their heads no.

“Of course it isn’t fair,” I said, answering my own question.

Shane had just walked in, and was staring at me intensely.

“And there he is,” I said, gesturing my hands towards him. “The leader of all this, who leaves us in the dark. Shane, how is it that you know all these... things about Dr. Storm? huh?” I asked him. I pointed to Jeremy, “How is it that you knew what he was doing to my best friend, and we didn’t?”

“He has a point,” Alyssa said, standing on a chair next to me.

Damn, you gotta love her.

“He’s been hiding things, and I think we all have the right to know what it is, don’t we, Shane?” She asked, crossing her arms.

Shane didn’t say anything at first. But then he jumped on one of tables that was set up for eating.

“Ok, I’ll admit it, I’ve been keeping things from you guys. But it was for your own good!” He said, looking at everyone. “There are things that not everyone should know.”

“But we have a right to know, don’t we?” Ella asked, looking Shane in the eyes. He turned to her and didn’t say anything. Instead he just stared at her.

“Do you guys really want to do this? Do you want to know everything?”

“Yes,” Me, Alyssa, Jeremy, and Ella all said that the same time.

“Well, then here it is.”

******************************************************************************************

*Unedited* 

DUN....DUN.. DUNNNNNNNN! 

VOTE, COMMENT, AND FAN!

LOVE, 

MYSKY!