Chapter 3 - Ex's are crazy

Chapter 3

Dominic Sergeant  POV

This guy was sketchy, and I didn’t like it. 

But I sure as hell liked his hideout. 

It was like a huge clubhouse. Little kids were running around and teenagers were in different rooms, playing games laughing. It was about four levels down and there about a hundred or more kids and teens here. 

It was like entering a world without adults. 

“Come on, I’ll give you a tour,” Shane said, as everyone followed. 

There were so many different rooms, going from game rooms to training rooms to weapon rooms. The lower followers contained the rooms that everyone shared. 

“And of course you guys will be sharing a room too-”

“Wait,” Ella said, crossing her arms. “No one said we were staying.” 

He looked at her for a long time before stepping in closer to her, hovering over her. 

I didn’t like the way he was looking at her. And I could tell Jeremy didn’t either.

“What is it gonna take for you to trust me,” he said the words softly, as if only wanting her to hear. She looked up at him and was about to speak when we heard a voice I thought I wasn’t going to hear in a long time. 

“DOMINIC!!!” 

I froze. That wasn’t... It couldn’t be...

I turned to my head to the direction of that awful voice. 

A black haired girl was running to me, arms wide open. I didn’t have to time to react, like run away or shoot myself, because in a second she had her arms around my neck, almost knocking me over.  

“Melody?” I asked, shocked. 

This was not happening. 

I looked over Alyssa for help but she was glaring at her. 

Holy shit does she remember her? 

“I see you know Melody,” Shane said, smirking at me. Clearly this dude has met her and feels bad for me, from the looks of it. 

I tried to propel her off of me, pushing her from the shoulders. Damn she was clingier than I remember. I pushed her off and held her from the shoulders. 

“What the hell are you doing here?” I asked, completely confused. 

She smirked, a smirk a long time ago would have turned me on. 

“Oh come on Dominic, it takes more than a zombie to get rid of me.”

Clearly. 

“Where’s your mom?” I asked. She frowned. 

“Didn’t make it.” 

I looked at her sympathetically. 

“Aw Melody,” I said, pulling her into a hug. I hated her, but her mother was the only one who didn’t completely hate me when she met me. She tried to help me. She didn’t give up on me. 

And now I couldn’t thank her. 

I heard a cough from behind me. I quickly pulled her away, trying to Jeremy. 

“So who’s this?” Jeremy asked, looking at the punk girl from head to toe. 

“Melody?” Ella said, in shock. So ok everyone remembered her. 

Not good.

Alyssa sill didn’t say anything and I was starting to think she was planning a murder. 

“Oh, hi, um...”

“Ella,” Ella said, clearly not hurt that she didn’t even know who she was. 

“Right, Ella,” The punk girl said. She stared at her for a while before realization hit her face. “I pushed you down the stairs that one time!” Melody said, remembering. Ella looked like she was trying so hard not to roll her eyes. 

“Yeah... you- you did,” She said.  

“Who are you?” Jeremy asked again. But Melody turned to the one girl who had stayed quiet the whole time. 

“Alyssa,” Melody said, faking a smile, “Good to know you’re still alive.” 

Alyssa, being the woman I loved, smiled back at her. “Melody,” She said, looking her up and down, “I guess what they say is true. You can’t kill a cockroach.” 

I laughed, not caring that Melody was glaring at me. Her hands made a fist and she glared back at Alyssa. Alyssa looked at her hands then laughed.

“What are you gonna do, hit me?” Alyssa asked, “Remember last time you did that?” 

“You bitch!” Melody yelled. 

I had a deja vu moment and quickly wrapped my arms around Melody’s waist, stopping her from going after Alyssa. 

“Let me go Dominic!” She yelled, “I’m gonna mess her face up!” 

I laughed. I don’t know why but I found this amusing. 

“Well I can’t let you do that to my girlfriend,” I said. She suddenly stopped struggle. 

“Girlfriend?” Her voice cracked and that brought a smile to Alyssa’s face. I let Melody go and walked over to Alyssa, wrapping my arm around her waist. 

“Yeah Girlfriend, four months next week,” I said, pulling her into a kiss. 

“I’m sorry, but who are you?” Jeremy asked, again, stepping in closer. I pulled away and saw Melody turn to him, as if noticing him for the first time. 

“I’m Dominic’s ex-girlfriend.” With that she turned and stormed off.