Chapter Nineteen

I sit in the meeting with the police officers and SJ Agency. They update me on the limited findings that they have. I tap my fingers on the table as I think about everything I know about Yunho and his goons.

My phone goes off on the table, I check the caller ID and sigh. "I have to take this," I tell them.

Officer Zhou gestures over to an empty room. I go into it and answer the call. "Hello," I answer. I dread the call ahead of me.

"I'm glad you listened to my advice. The company's stock prices have gone up."

I hum in response.

"I know you're upset with me because I gave you some tough love, but you need to get a hold of yourself."

"Yeah, I get it," I lie. I don't understand why he had to insert himself in the way I run my company.

"Good. By the way, I have found you a husband. I will send you his phone number just in case you want to talk to him before the meeting I have set up between you two," Youngjin says.

I sigh. "Okay." 

"Don't sigh, I am setting this marriage up for your benefit. You should really be thanking me, Byunghee."

"I don't want to thank you for this, my parents would never do this," I state. "This is stepping too much into my personal life."

Youngjin growls at me. "I knew your father and mother better than anyone, and I know that they would've set this up awhile ago. Byunghee, you're already 33, not married and you don't have a kid. I'm doing this for you and the company," he rants. "You will like the person I have decided on. I would only give you the best of the best. Trust me, okay?"

I become wary of the way Youngjin has been acting recently. He has been extremely pushy about what he wants and put himself into my life.

I agree to trust him, but I won't. He's been too weird recently and that makes him untrustworthy. I hang up the call and put my phone in my pocket. I get a text. I check the sender of the text and it's Youngjin. It's the number of my potential husband. The number looks very familiar.

I begin to go through my missed/recent calls. I go back and forth of the numbers on my recent and to the phone number Youngjin has just sent me. It's the same number that Yunho left a voicemail with.

"It can't be," I mumble. "Youngjin didn't just give me the number of Yunho."

Hesitantly, I press the number to call it. I place my smart phone to my ear and wait for the owner of the number to answer my call. The phone rings three times before I get an answer.

"Beautiful," Yunho answers.

My hearts drops at the simple word. Youngjin is going to make me marry Yunho. I won't let that happen.

"Byunghee, what do you want?" He wonders.

I begin to stutter trying to figure out what to ask.

"So Byunghee."

"When do you want to meet up?" I spit out. I don't know where it came from, but I asked it.

"Whenever you want to meet up? We can always wait until Tuesday of next week when Mr. Bae set up our meeting."

I glance around the room trying to figure out everything. "Can I get back to you on that?"

"Take your time, Byunghee. I'll see you soon." He then hangs up the phone.

I turn off my phone and stare at the wall in front of me. I take a few deep breaths as the door opens. I shift my eyes over to whom opened the door. I stare at the person as I process everything that's going on.