Chapter Eight

"Byunghee? What are you doing here? I thought you would've left by now." The guy walks over to the chair to my left, sits down and stares at me.

"Donghae insisted on making me dinner before I left," I say. I fix my face mask and glance towards the doorway.

He nods and pulls out his phone. He distracts himself with his phone as we wait for the meal to be done. Donghae walks in with three bowls, set two of the bowls in front of Eunhyuk and I and places the third one on the other side of me. Donghae brings in a few sides and the three of us begin to eat the dinner he made. It's quiet between the three of us. We quietly eat next to one another.

"Hey Eunhyuk- Byunghee?" Siwon greets.

I turn around and smile at him. I wave to him before returning to my food. The faster I finish the meal, the faster I can leave.

"Anyway, Eunhyuk, I need your help with something after you finish eating," Siwon says.

"Alright." Eunhyuk waves his friend away.

Siwon says goodbye to us and leaves the dining room. The awkward silence returns. I finish my meal, thank Donghae for cooking for me, place my dishes in the sink, put on my face mask, say goodbye to them and leave the warehouse. I go back to my house and grab my mail.

When I enter my house, I get this suspicious feeling. I glance around my foyer for anything being out of place before going through my mail quickly. I have this letter from a unknown sender. I open it up and take out the letter.

'Dear Beautiful,
I hope you've been having a wonderful life after me. Do go out and make more friends. I understand you're really shy and quiet, but you're a lovely person to be around. I hope to see you at the auction this year because I believe I have something that you want back.
Yours truly and forever,
Jung Yunho'

I crumple up the letter as I head upstairs to my room. I take a shower, get changed into some sweats and head to my office. When I enter, I see someone sitting in my chair and it's not Chaerin.

The person turns around and smiles at me. He wiggles his fingers at me as a sort of hello. "It's been too long, Byunghee," he says. His brunet hair falls into his eyes, but he quick to move it aside.

"How did you get in?"

He smiles at me as he strolls closer. "Somethings about you don't change," he comments.

I take a step back, trying to keep my distance from him. "This is breaking and entering, I should have you arrested," I state.

"You should, but will you actually call the police?" He shakes his head. "You still feel like you owe Yunho-hyung something, so you won't be calling the police." He rests his hands on my shoulders.

I shrug them off of me and glare up at him. "I don't owe him anything. He betrayed me."

He shakes his head again. "He only did what was right."

"He used me for my connections and wealth."

"You knew about that since day one, but you still went along with him. To me, it seems like you made a mistake."

"Changmin, when will you realize that he's using you as well."

He lightly taps my nose as he makes a tsking noise. "Our situations are completely different."

I clench my hands at his words. He really knows how to press my buttons. I gesture towards the front door and say, "I'm going to let you leave so you can deliver this message to Yunho."

"What's your message?"

"I'll see you at the auction, Handsome."

Changmin stares at me surprised by my words. He wasn't expecting me to say that and that's what I want. I want to shock all of them.