Chapter Eighteen

It's been about two weeks and there has been little to no advancement in finding Chaerin. It's a little frustrating because I just want to have her with me again. There has been some conflict between SJ Agency and the police, but I predicted that would happen.

I get home from work with Siwon and Heechul. I grab my mail and the three of us enter my house. I remove my mask, place my keys and mask on the table besides the door and go through my mail. I open what seems to be important, quickly read through them and place my mail with all the rest. I head to the kitchen where Siwon and Heechul are hanging out.

Heechul is looking through my cabinets and fridge while Siwon sits at the breakfast bar. I sit down next to Siwon and watch as Heechul tries to find something to eat. He sighs and looks to me.

"You need to buy more snacks," he tells me.

I nod and give him a thumbs up. "Have you guys found anything on where Chaerin is?" I ask.

The boys look to one another and then to me. I already know what they're going to say.

"Sorry Byunghee." Siwon rests his hand on my shoulder.

With a frown on my face, I nod. "Have you gotten anything from Yunho?"

"He hasn't contacted us," Heechul says.

I sigh and rest my head on my hand. "I told you guys to let me deliver the message to him," I comment.

"After the Changmin incident? I don't think so," Heechul snaps. He sits next to me and puts his arm around my shoulder.

I roll my eyes. "Yunho wouldn't hurt me," I state.

"How are you so sure? You don't know how his feelings have changed over the years you two have been separated. We did that for your safety," Siwon says.

I stare at the counter and nod. They aren't wrong. Yunho has changed over the years, and no one is the same as they were two years ago, let alone seven. While we were dating, Yunho would make sure me and Chaerin were okay. In the beginning of the relationship, he was kind, caring and wanted only the best for me. As it continued, the less I felt loved and the more I realized how he'd been using me for my connections and money. It hit me hard the moment I realized what I was to him.

I sigh as I rest my head on the counter. I just want my cousin back, I miss her so much.

"Hey, Byunghee," Siwon calls.

I lift my head up and stare at him. "Yes?" I answer.

"It's been awhile since the kiss between you and Eunhyuk. Have you figured out how you feel about him?" Siwon wonders.

I stare at him and then cover my face with my arms. I groan as I remember the kiss that happened between us. I've been too focus on retreiving Chaerin that I have pushed it to the back of my mind. I know that he has been thinking about it because of the awkward atmosphere that surrounds us whenever it's his turn to protect me. Which is going to happen tomorrow.

"Why did you remind her of it?" Heechul wonders, as he slaps Siwon. "She probably wishes it was me instead." I feel his hand on my shoulder. "I can-"

"Heechul-hyung, don't even ask her," Siwon states.

I sit up and stare at Heechul. "I wish that stupid kiss never happened," I tell him. "I feel like it just ruined our friendship, if we even had one."

Heechul pouts and pulls me into a hug. "You're so messed up right now," he mumbles.

"Thanks for pointing that out," I murmur into his shoulder. He begins to brush my hair with his fingers. "Tomorrow is going to be one long day," I sigh.