Chapter Fifteen

-Dream-

I sit at the table as my mom walks around the room chatting with old acquaints and making new ones. I bet if I get up and join my mom in talking to people I would have way more fun than just sitting here, but what would I have in common with the other guests? I'm only 16 and everyone else here is in their mid-20s or older.

I take a sip of my water when my Uncle and Aunt, they aren't really related to me, come over to me.

"I hate seeing you so sad, Byunghee," Aunt Jisoo says.

"Why would I be?" I become confused by her words.

'That's not the usual way of asking how someone's feeling.'

"Because of the terrible accident. All of your immediate family died," she says.

I feel my chest tighten up at her words. I begin to bite the skin off of my lips as I glance around the large room. I try to find my mom somewhere, but I can't. She was just here, but now she's gone.

The tears begins to flow from my eyes as reality begins to set in. My parents and older brother are gone forever and I'll never get to see them ever again.

Aunt Jisoo gives me a quick hug before going to talk to some other guest. Uncle Youngjin wipes away a few tears from my cheek, he hugs me and then follows his wife. I sit down in my chair, devastated by the news they delivered to me.

I cry into my hands as people in the room ignore me and go about their life. Sorrow starts to consume me, and me being too weak to fight back, I let it. The tears never seem to end and the sobs get louder.

I feel someone rub my back as I cry. "I don't know why you're crying, but a pretty girl like you shouldn't cry," a deep voice whispers.

I look over to see a boy smiling at me. "Who are you?" I wonder.

"Jung Yunho." He sticks out his hand, I grab it and we shake hands. "Can I ask for your name, Beautiful?"

"So Byunghee," I reply.

Yunho grabs a napkin off of the table and uses it to wipe away my tears and eye makeup. He stares at me with these kind, friendly eyes. His eyes just make me feel better, it's like he actually cares.

"How did you get in?" I ask.

"The same way you did," Yunho lies.

"No, you didn't. All guests have a name card at the table their sitting at, and my mom told me to always look at everyone's name card so I can figure out where a potential new partner is sitting. And I don't remember the name Jung Yunho on any of the card. So, how did you sneak in?"

"You have sharp eyes," he comments.

"Are you going to answer my question?"

"I guess we have a mystery on our hands. Care to solve it with me?" Yunho sticks his hand out towards me.

I stare at his hand and then to his face. I scan over his outfit and that's when it hits me. "I already solved the mystery," I tell him.

"Without me?" He huffs. Yunho crosses his arms as he pouts.

"You came in as one of the workers. You're just pretending to be one of the many guests invited here."

"How could you tell?"

"You're dressed like the waiters," I answer.

"You're so smart. But the next mystery we are given, I want to help solve," Yunho says.

"Next mystery?"

He hands over his phone. "I would like your number so I can contact you with the next mystery I find."