Chapter 58 - Bravery

Mina's POV

I love Saturday where I spend it only with my son. This lunch I decided to cook for him, I plan to order Chinese for dinner, I am craving for Jajjangmyeon, Marshal loves to eat Chinese as well. He patiently sits at the kitchen counter watching her mom cooking while coloring his book. I just want a simple dish, fried egg, tofu stew and kimchi fried rice, Marshal's favorite dish. I then finish the dish and let him eat, he's so smart that he always refused to be fed. He can do it, he said. He finishes the meal and concentrates on his coloring book again. 

I've been thinking about how am I going to tell Marshal about Chaeyoung. Sometimes I feel that things better left unsaid, but it's not fair for both Chaeyoung and Marshal. I can't be selfish for once. 

"Mars?"

"Hem?" He looks at me, stop from what he's been doing. 

"Do you remember Auntie Chaeyoung?"

"Heh?" He gives me his confused look. 

"The one we met at the park when the cherry blossoms?" I ask her again. 

"Ah! Yes, I remember, Captain America Auntie"

"Captain America?" Now I confused. 

"Yes, she told me that she likes Captain America, we played together, he let me be the Captain, she became Bucky Barnes. Yes, I remember her, why Mom?"

I smile at her, I can only smile as she said she remembers her. 

She then concentrates on his paper once again. 

"What if I told you that Auntie Chaeyoung is your Mom as well, Mars?"

"Ehm, like Mom Sana and Tzuyu Mama?" She looks at me. 

I shook my head. 

"Like Eomma, the real mom, your mom"

She then stops and put down her pencil color. She looks at me confusedly. 

"Once you meet her again, can you call her 'Eomma' then?"

"Really?" Her expression suddenly changes. He smiles for the ear to ear. 

I smile at her. 

"So, she's my mom? My real mom? Like Ethan with Mom Sana and Tzuyu Mama, then?"

I nod to her. 

"WOW! Is Auntie Chaeyoung your wife then?"

Wow, she learns a lot at pre-school I believe. 

"No, she isn't. But I can assure you, that she's your mom as well"

"WHOA, I am so excited. I will show off to Ethan once I meet him. I have a complete parent"

I laugh by his statement. 

He's so happy and thrilled. Somehow my fear gone bit by bit. 

After a month of thinking it through,  I decided to have a lunch with Chaeyoung on the weekend at Changwon. Chaeyoung and I lived 2 hours away, in a different city. It's Friday. If Chaeyoung would like to spend time with Marshal, I will let her have him on the weekend. I will introduce Marshal appropriately to Chaeyoung as her mother. 

My plan is I will meet Chaeyoung first in the city, we got to have the talk first. Then his nanny will take Marshal to the cafe and I will let Chaeyoung spend time with Marshal.

I sit around the corner. I don't know why but my heart's beating so fast.

Chaeyoung then come. I get up from my chair.