Chapter 56 - Foresee

Mina's POV

"Hello?" The other is answering. 

"How dare you?" I scream at her.

"I already anticipated that you would scream at me like this since 3 months ago actually. Guess she just made a move just now"

"What are you talking about?"

"She asked me 3 months ago, Minari. What am I supposed to do aside from being honest?"

"You, Sana. Stop taking care of my things, stop deciding what's best for my life, just stop. Never in million years, I step on our boundaries, I will never do that if it's about Tzuyu never, because I don't want to interfere. How dare you!"

"That makes you a very bad friend, Mina"

"What do you mean?"

"Look, I care about you, not only me, everyone's care about you, but you push people away, we only want to help, but you act so tough, you acted so brave while you are very sloppy in so many ways. Let me ask you if it's not me, who's going to tell her then? You?" 

She asks me, she then smirks, I know by the sound. 

"You are a loser Minari, I am sorry. You are prone to ghosting, you will never ever ever in million years admit to her that Marshal is hers as well. She asked me, Mina. And it was my choice whether I wanted to lie to her or not. Beside I lied to her once by saying that Marshal is my son. That day felt right, but I got her confused. It was my right whether that I was going to tell her truth or not. I know that she's once cheating on you, I know. But I still know that inside, she's also a very good woman, Mina. She is because she had a chance to interfere with your life, but she chose not to. She has her ri as well, at least to know.  And she cares about you

"More importantly, I am doing this for Marshal, not for you" She continues. 

I can only silent.

"Look, she's been through a lot, you must already hear everything from her. I still believe that she's a good woman, Mina. I was also a jerk once, perhaps I still am. But I got a chance to redo all the things and starts right. And she deserves that chance from you, I believe. Think about it, you can't be with your son right now if it's not because of her, Minari"

She takes a deep breath. 

"And, you gotta admit to yourself Mina, that somehow a part of you feels relieved because I told her, right? Because I believe you can never figure it out how to tell her"

Damn, she's right. 

I was wrong and stupid. 

"I am sorry, Sana" Sana's right. I've been holding these feelings for months since I saw her again at the campus. 

I am scared. 

After that call, I can only cry. I don't know it's a sad cry or happy tears actually.

I called my parents after, I called Jihyo and Takuya as well. They are the people who understand how suffered I am this whole time. My dad and Takuya support me whatever it is my decision. I have to think about Marshal as well. Marshal has been asked me, she always asked if she has a complete parent or not. She always sees that his playmates got mom and dad, or even dad and dad. Why she only have me in her life. Marshal has 2 good mothers, I believe that and I don't want to take that from Marshal.

I can only spend my holiday being at home. Since my legs are on the cast, I can't move around freely. I spend it just at home. It's also enough for me. Just being with Marshal is also perfect for me. After that night, every time I see Marshal, I keep thinking about Chaeyoung as well. The way she told me that she already knows all the way, but she kept it secret because she didn't want herself to interfere with what I have now with Marshal. The way she moved to the countryside to avoid meeting me, making me hurt as well. She did a lot of effort in order not to disturb my life. But somehow destiny keep playing with us.

Even after she met Marshal she didn't immediately confront it. She has rights to do so after all. I believe that night was enough for her. She kept it for months, she can't stop thinking about Marshal, that's why she then ask me everything. I could see in her eyes, even though that she was sad to know the facts, to finally confirmed to me that Marshal is our son, I could see that she's thrilled knowing everything she's been guessing are true. But then she realizes she can't ask for more.

Ding dong!

My doorbell is ringing.

I see someone from the intercom.

It's Alex, I open the door for her.

She's been checking on me ever since I wore a cast.

"Where's Marshall?"

"Preschool with his nanny"

"Ah alright, I bring a ginseng soup, just sit here, I will serve you"

She then goes to the kitchen and being busy. She knows her way since she always visited me. She then serves the soup in the dining room. And I eat it.

To be honest, I am hungry, I finish off immediately.

"you sure are hungry!" She says in between her laugh.

"Thank you! So delicious"

"You're welcome!" She then takes the dishes, and I order her to just put it since the nanny will wash it anyway. She then makes us a tea.

"So, bored?"

"Dying! Can't wait to take off this heavy thing. In a week tho!"

"Yeah, finally!" She then sips her tea.

We then take a silent time.

Feels like an awkward pause.

"So.............." She says something.

"She's the other mother, isn't it?"

I spit my tea, and coughing after, hearing her confront me like that.

"How do you.........."

"Good guess, I just match the timeline. She must be the mother then, I thought"

I take a deep breath.

"She is" Finally, I could lightly admit this. 

"Does she know?"

"She knows"

"And she did nothing?"

I smirk and smile at her.

"It's not as easy as you think, Alex. She's been through a lot in life, even before she met me, she's a fragile human being.  She needs to be careful, that's why she didn't even want to interfere with everything even when she knew it already, even when she's dying to know, to hold her son. But her maternal sense kicking and she can't hold it any longer"

"So you want Marshal to meet her then?"

"I am still thinking about it, I need time, she needs time as well"

"Minari........."

"Please Alex, I don't want to talk about this now"

Alex then nod, "Okay then"