Chapter 3 - Rendezvous

"Good morning, Minari!"

"Hi, good morning, Yuju Unnie!"

Yuju is my best friend and my colleague on this campus. Actually, Yuju is my senior at K-Arts, Vocal Music Department 16 years ago, she's an excellent singer. Yuju and I attended the same university club. Yuju had a bright career in music. She was a vocal trainer for so many idols, you name it. She then concentrated to be an opera singer, her original dream. Even studied to Italy and had a career there. But unfortunately, 10 years ago the doctor found a nodule in her vocal chords. She had to do the surgery, after that she couldn't bring herself to do the opera again, but she's still a great singer in general. She's back to teach, subserving the alma mater. 

"Mina, this is your invitation. It's a small party at my home, please be there"

"Oh, this is the party on you being the new Head of Music Department, isn't it?"

"Yes, together with celebrating Halloween as well"

"Isn't it too early, Unnie?"

"Not at all. So please wear your best costume, okay?"

"Oh, I hate costume party! But for you, I will. Did you invite all the faculty members?"

"Yes, but I am not sure they will be there"

"They will show up, don't worry, no one wants to skip your party, Unnie. Should I bring something?"

"Your presence is enough"

"Okay"

For me, the teaching job wasn't tiring at all, perhaps it all because I love the job. Everyday times running so fast for me. Okay, this Friday I need to attend a party at Yuju's home. She lives closely. Even though I hate the idea of costume party, I still need to be there. I hate parties, to be honest, I always ended up sitting on the front porch, or beside the pool. Not that I am a socially awkward, I just prefer not to talk to a big group. It's gonna be weird seeing your colleagues in different costumes like today. I took a taxi to Yuju's house. It's impossible to wear something like this and taking the bus. As I predicted, when Yuju created a party it's going to be lit. So many people come.

"Minari!"

Junghyun Oppa, Yuju's husband come and greet me.

"Oppa! Whoa, are you, Blake Shelton, now?"

"And meet my Gwen Stefani" Yuju shows up from the crowd.

"Oh my God, you are so pretty, Unnie"

"Don't fall for her, she's mine, Mina"

"I won't!"

Kim Junghyun, yes the actor, is Yuju's husband. They met when Yuju became a part-time vocal trainer for a musical, Junghyun was the main actor. They secretly dating for almost 5 years. They got married and has a beautiful 3 years old son named Jiwon.

I always felt intimidated at parties. You are going to love me when we met at school, but parties, hem not so. Yuju said that I am weird, the people here are no strangers, I see them every day in my daily life, but still. I ended up making a small chit chat with my colleagues, then I go outside. To the pool where it's quite. I take the back door. I hope no one sees me going out. 

"Hi!"

Oh shit, I am not alone. Someone there by the lawn chair. She's already here. But strangely I haven't seen her, is she one of our staff?

"So, are you Meredith Grey or perhaps Neela Ragostra?" She asks me.

She moves closer to me. I don't know her actually. She wears a black tight leather suit track, I don't what to call it, and carrying a box of arrow and bow on the back. She's shorter than me, her hair is long but she makes it a braided ponytail, I guess it's based on the character. I realized that I've been staring at her for almost 15 secs.