Chapter 23 - Ecstatic

Mina's POV

The next morning, I open my eyes. I hear the sound of water. Chaeyoung must be taking a shower. I look around in this all-white big bedroom. This isn't a dream, right? And I am still naked. Oh gosh, I forgot that we had a good sex yesterday. Even just think about it makes me shiver. Chaeyoung then shows up, her body only wrapped in the towel. I pretend to sleep again. She opens the cabinet beside the bed. She removes her towel. I could see her bare back. It's full of marks. Shit, next time I should cut my nails short. I should never hurt her with my claws.

"I am sorry, Chaeyoungie"

She startled, and turn to me.

"Oh, you're awake?" She then put her bra and her underwear. The come to me, sit by the bed and hold my hand.

"What are you sorry for?"

"Your back"

"Oh, I just notice it when I am showered" She then move closer to my ears, whispering "That's fine, it tells me how much we enjoyed last night"

My body shivers early in the morning by her words.

Then she kisses me quick.

"Do you want to come with me to the church? We only have 10 am service"

"You can stay in bed if you want, and wait for me home," She says it again.

"No, no" I start to get up "I want to come with you"

"Okay then, take a shower, I'll wait outside"

I am stretching my body, and clear my eyes. What happened last night still got me overwhelmed. I smile a lot and then get up to the bathroom. I take a good and quick shower. I dress up nicely, I bring a nice dress since I knew that I will go to church with her. It's a blue formal dress. Also, I put my heels on. I put a light make up. Then I'm ready.

Outside, Chaeyoung is wearing khaki pants with a blue shirt and oversize white blazer and heels. She looks neat. She's ready. She's checking her phone while I look at her from the bedroom door.

"I'm ready"

She gets up, and get close to me, then kiss me "Nice" then she releases "Come on, I don't want to be late"

We put our coat then go to church. Actually, her church is just blocks away from her house. It's still in Buam-dong too. It's a lovely church, a small one. We could see another amazing view outside the church as well. Bunch of people comes, they dress nicely.

Since I was a little kid, Dad took me to the Lutheran Church, I have no idea about Prebestaryan one. Dad said that Prebestaryan Church system, do their service just like the Catholic church. I grew up in Catholic schools. Everyone knows everyone in this church. Chaeyoung greets so many people. Maybe because, it's a small community, and from the same neighborhood, It's easy to identify others. Then we sit in the middle. 

"You wait here," Chaeyoung says.

Then she goes somewhere. It's a little awkward without Chaeyoung beside me. Then the piano plays, all rise. I do too. Everybody is singing a song. I look at the choir line. Chaeyoung is there. Chaeyoung is actually a member of this church's choir. She's already wearing a red robe same as the others. She's there singing, and I'm just watching her like a proud mother. She's better than I think. Then when the time to listen to the sermon. The choir's dispersed, then Chaeyoung sit beside me again.

"I have no idea" I whisper to her. She just smiles at me then starring in the priest's sermon.

The sermon was beautiful, it's about the reason why Jesus was born in a first place. Though maybe I knew about all this, it's still beautiful to hear this story. I don't realize that Christmas is near, It's just two weeks away. Then I look to Chaeyoung, he's paying attention to the sermon. I'm not going to celebrate Christmas alone this year, I thought.