Chapter 4 - Bravery

My phone buzzing, I immediately look at my phone. Yuju Unnie called me.

"Minaring!"

"Hey Unnie, morning!" I reply her with a very sleepy sound. 

"You are still asleep? MINARI IT'S 11 AM" She suddenly screams. 

"Really? It's Saturday tho, I am allowing myself to wake up this late" Actually I still can't differentiate whether it's a dream or not. I am too sleepy.

"Tell me what happened, immediately!" I yawn. 

"What to tell, Unnie?" I got up from my bed, heading to my toilet, I put her on the speaker.

"You and Professor Son"

"Heh? I got home safe, then Chaeyoung went home, that's it"

"Chaeyoung? Hem first name basis?"

"Unnie, she told us, both of us, to called her like that. I think growing up in the U.S made her doesn't care about the seniority level" I run my water and start to wash up my face, while still talking to Yuju.

"Oh Unnie, by the way, why are you using that tone to me?"

"Like what?" Yuju teasing me.

"Like that, really!" I then start to brush my teeth.

"Well, Minari, I asked around about Professor Son. Chaeyoung perhaps to you now"

"Hemm, okay" I answer her gargling.

"You know what?", she then pause for a while, "She's a divorcee"

"So what?"

"She's attractive, she's a smart woman, she's so beautiful, she wrote Marvin's Room the Musical, and I believe that someone finally enjoyed my party because of her"

"YA UNNIE, don't! Stop right there" I stop her.

"I peek through the window all the time. You both seem so engaged in your conversation. Didn't bother to the fact the party was inside my house. You laughed, Mina. A lot"

I just silent, she will go on and on about this.

"And you know what?" Yuju pauses.

"What?"

"She's a divorcee"

"You said it already Unnie"

"And, she has an ex-wife," Yuju said it.

"Aw" My toothbrush hit my gum after hearing that statement, I stop brushing my teeth and look myself in the mirror.

"Minari?"

"Wait, Unnie"

I wash, I look at myself in the mirror again. For some odd reason my heart beating so fast.

"Minari!"

Slapback to the reality, "I am listening, Unnie ya" I say it stuttery. 

"YA. Why are you all of sudden nervous?"

Shit, she knows me too well.

"NO, I AM NOT!" I am half screaming at her.

"My point is, I just want to tell you that she's single just like you and you don't have to wonder, my source guaranteed me that the information is 100% true, you might have a chance"

"Unnie, I don't have any intention to be in a relationship, you know that!"

"My son called for me, bye Minari!" She cut me off, shit.