Chapter 29- Reckless mistake

(Picture- a Hinover) 

Nearly a fortnight has passed.

    She sat outside, like Lily instructed she should do for a short time every night. Today was the final day of her report. She was so glad that it was finally over, but now she didn’t know what she had to do.  The occasional cold breeze sweeping in made her shiver, so she wrapped her wings tightly around, like a feathery blanket.  She converged with White Lily, now she finally had the chance to talk to her privately.

   Did you know anything about what Valin told us, about ourselves, before?

   Actually... no. But it does explain why no-one liked the idea of me doing all this. I thought it was just because of whom I was, not what I was, she openly admitted.Isildilia shivered again.

   It’s so cold out here. When can we go in? I’ll die from the cold.

   Not much longer. Your eternal fires are only just developing now; it will be better later on. Soon the cold will no longer be of any bother. Isildilia just grunted in response. What is troubling you? You seem so distant to me today.

    Nothing.

    Its Valin isn’t it?

    Yes. She didn’t bother to lie. He had been avoiding her ever since that incident. He never came to visit her, and if she saw him in the corridor he’d quickly disappear

    Don't start to hold it against him; he didn’t know what he was doing. He can't control himself well around us anymore.

    She shuffled uncomfortably. So what do you suggest that we do about him?

   I think we should... Suddenly there came the clinking sound of metal, then a bang, as something collided near her foot.

   “What in the name of…” she said out loud, jumping off from her spot. Around one of the small pillars of the railing was a metal hook, tied on with thick rope.  Before she even had time to look over the edge, a hand suddenly reached up and grabbed the rail. She stepped far back and withdrew Lillarth, pointing it at the ascending person.

   “A little help will be appreciated,” came Dakelo’s voice, before she even had chance to demand who it was. She dropped her sword and ran over. Grabbing him by the back of his collar, as well as wrapping her tail around his torso, she heaved him onto the balcony.

   “What are you doing? How did you find me?” He stood up and brushed himself down. It surprised her when he replied in the beast’s tongue, although some pronunciation was slightly wrong.
   “I heard you and Valin talking before and worked out where you were. I'm not far below you.”

    “What if your guards find out? They won’t be happy, not one bit.”

     Dakelo shrugged, “I’ll deal with it when it comes. I just wanted to know how you are. I heard everything from before, a couple of weeks ago. I had clambered up a few times before, but you weren’t out here.”

    “Everything!” she exclaimed.

   “Don't worry about it.” She sighed and sat on the floor, leaning against the railing.

   “I think I've reached a point in my life, where I just don’t care anymore. I should understand by now that things were never destined to be normal, or easy.” Dakelo raised an eyebrow, and then sat down beside her. “How have things been down below?” she asked, changing the topic. He let his head thump against the rail.