Chapter 27- a long days work ahead.

(Picture- Lord Pareth) 

     Isildilia stared down at the four creature-people below her. Each of them was down on one knee with their head bowed in respect, even before they came around the corner. So, for the moment, Isildilia couldn’t see their faces.

   “You may stand,” Dillith told them. There were two men and two women, each clad in either long robes or armour. “This is my daughter, White Lily.’”Isildilia flinched at being called her true name, but it must be something she had to get used to. They all crossed their arms over their chest in a sign of loyalty. She flushed, embarrassed at people behaving this way to her.

    Is it really necessary? she thought. Having armed guards?

   For me... no. For you...yes.

   I wasn’t asking you. It was just a thought, she snapped back

   Don't forget; your thoughts, to me, are a conversation. Isildilia snorted, but couldn’t be bothered argue back.

   “This is; Fire tongue, Xnifo, Grey paw and Thiryqa.” Each of them nodded when their name was called. She smiled when she saw that Thiryqa was assigned to be one of her guardians, and he smiled back. Isildilia clambered down and stood directly in front of them. Each of them was taller and older than she was; it made her feel like a child.

   “See to it that she gets the work done. For the moment, address her in human, but do make sure she becomes more fluent in our tongue.” With that, Dillith departed.  Isildilia waited outside for a little while longer.

   “Shall we go in, Your Highness?” said the female called Xnifo. In her opinion, she was very attractive. Her pale yellow robes were trimmed with light blue, with blond hair tied into a tight bun around the back. She had an angled face, and grey eyes that portrayed wisdom greater than her age. She felt like if she stared at the orbs for long enough she would become lost in its stare. The only thing that gave her away from not being human was her ears, which were slimmer and the tips were highly pointed and elongated. They also stuck outwards from her head, rather than pointed back.    

       Fire tongue was the largest of the four, standing head and shoulders above the others. He was clad in heavy red armour, with a two-handed sword strapped to his back and an axe on his waist. He had a broad, wide face with an expression set like stone and a balding head.  Whenever he opened his mouth she could see that his tongue burned like white-hot coals. The second female, Grey Paw, was small and nimble. She had her jet black hair cut very short; her eyes were larger than a normal humans’, bright yellow with black pulsating slits. Her whole appearance reminded Isildilia of a cat.  Valin was right; everyone had something that stopped them from being a perfect human.

   “Sure.” she said.  Thiryqa and Fire tongue reached forwards and pulled the doors open, allowing her in.

   “So this is what humans live in,” said Grey Paw, amazed from the sight. “It’s so complex, but so cosy. I could get used to this.”

   “Behave. You are in the presence of Her Highness, act with respect.” bellowed Fire Tongue.

   “It’s fine,” Isildilia told him, “I prefer if you didn’t stand on ceremony.”

   “You see,” said Grey Paw, and she quickly skipped off to explore the rooms.  She opened the door to the library when she suddenly leapt back. A giant white wolf burst through the doors and skidded across the foyer.

   “What are you doing here?” Froyza barked.  Grey paw leant down and hissed, just like a cat, arching her back up sharply.

   “Froyza, stop!” Isildilia demanded. Froyza immediately backed down and trotted over to her.