Why Can't you let me be Happy?

As mentioned in the previous one shot, Jack, Elsa, Eugene, Rapunzel, and Merida in this one shot.

Most of the information is in the first A/N of the previous one shot.

TRIGGER WARNING!!!!!!!!!

Bring some tissues, it might help.

I know this sounds messed up, but if you cry when reading this, then I did this properly.

It's set in HTTYD 2.

If you want a part two in Valka, the gang, and Merida's P.O.V, let me know.

Hiccup P.O.V:

I couldn't believe it. First, my friends, Jack, Eugene, Elsa, Rapunzel, and Merida show up on Berk, Drago took control of Toothless and used him to kill my father, and now Astrid is missing. We are in the middle of the battle with Drago, and I'm scared out of my mind for her. What if she's hurt? What is she's been captured? What if- No! Stop Hiccup! She has to be alive. She just has to be! Suddenly, I saw Drago riding Toothless. I flew on the Scuttleclaw towards him. Maybe, just maybe, I could bring him back to me. Then, we could find Astrid together

I let out a breath and Drago began to speak, "You certainly are hard to get rid of, I'll say that."

"Toothless," I pleaded as he let out a growl, "Hey. It's me, bud. It's me. It's me, I'm right here bud. Come back to me."

Drago chuckled darkly, "He's not your's anymore. He belongs to the alpha. But please, oh great dragon master, try to take him. He will not miss a second time."

I reached my hand out to Toothless, "It wasn't your fault bud. They...made you do it." His eyes started to change back to normal as I drew closer to him. He let out a roar as I said, " You'd never hurt him. You'd never hurt me." My hand came to a rest on his snout as his eyes dilated.

"How are you doing that?" Drago asked, unable to mask the amazement in his voice.

Ignoring him, I went on, " Please you, are my best friend bud. My best friend." The alpha's control over him broke completely and the Toothless I knew was back.

A grin spread across my face, "Thatta boy, that's it! I'm here!"

Drago yelled, " ENOUGH!" and hit Toothless. When he tried again. Toothless shook him off and smiled at me.

"YEAH!" I yelled as Toothless began to fall, " Hang on!" I jumped off the baby Nadder and fell after Toothless.

"Almost there buddy, almost there!" I reached out and swung myself back onto Toothless's saddle. I was back with my dragon, and it was time to end this.

---Time skip to after the battled cuz I'm too lazy to write it----

We did it! Drago was gone and the dragons were free of the Bewilderneast's control. I was vaguely aware of the gang, Jack, Eugen, Elsa, Rapunzel, and Merida congratulating me. I was too busy searching for Astrid. I scanned the rubble and my eyes land on a broken shape lying amongst the ice. Tears welled in my eyes as I push everyone away from me and ran towards it. My heart shattered at the scene. I sunk to my knees and cradled Astrid's body in my arms.

The tears began to fall. "Astrid?" I whispered. Her eyes fluttered open. I breathed a sigh of relief. Thank the gods she was safe.

"Hiccup?" Her voice was scratchy and faint, but to me, it was the most beautiful sound in the world. "You're okay Astrid. You're gonna be okay," I said thanking the gods over and over again.

"Hiccup," she said again as she cupped my cheek with her hand, " I love you," My eyes widened as her hand dropped and her eyes closed.

"No, no, Astrid do not close your eyes. We are going to get through this. There will always be a Hiccup and Astrid, remember? You can't give up now! Astrid?" No response.

"Astrid." I tried again in vain. I pressed my ears to her chest, praying to hear a heartbeat, but there was nothing. I sobbed, " Astrid. Astrid! ASTRID! Oh gods please, this can't be true!" I could sense my friends and my mother coming up to me, but I could care less.

"Why? WHY? HAVEN'T YOU TORTURED ME ENOUGH? HAVEN'T I SUFFERED ENOUGH FOR YOU? DO YOU FIND ENTERTAINMENT IN KILLING EVERYONE I LOVE! IS THIS SOME GAME TO YOU? FIRST, YOU TAKE AWAY MY MOTHER, THEN, I AM TREATED LIKE A USELESS FISHBONE FOR 15 YEARS, I LOSE MY LEG TRYING TO SAVE THE VILLAGE, FIND MY MOTHER AGAIN ONLY TO HAVE MY FATHER DIE SOON AFTER, AND NOW THIS??? YOU KILL THE PERSON I LOVE MOST! WHY CAN'T YOU LET ME BE HAPPY FOR ONCE?" I throw my head back and yell at the heavens. Soon, the entire village surrounded us and sent me looks of pity. I heard my mother's voice speaking softly in my ear and the gang crying beside me, but I couldn't hear anything she said. All I heard was Astrid's beautiful laugh as I dangled from the ceiling in our hut. Her giggles as I tickled he endlessly. Her soothing words as I crouched by the dead body of my father. She was gone. Never would I hear her laugh again, never would I stay up late planning a future with her, never would I stare into her bright blue eyes again, never would kiss her on our wedding day, never would I raise a family with her.

Sobbing my heart out, I softly whispered four words I hoped Astrid could hear in Valhalla, "I love you too."

Well..............I cried. ;-; A lot. I think my mom thinks I'm insane now. I'm sorry if you guys cried too, but this has been haunting me in my dreams and I just had to write it. Again, I'm sorry if I broke your heart with this one shot.

On a happier note, I probably won't write another death one shot. Probably. Maybe. I don't know.

If you guys have any ideas for one shots, feel free to let me know. I might update again today, but I have to start pack for vacation.

Anyways, keep being awesome and keep shipping Hiccstrid.

Love you guys!

-Ethereal