Meeting Valka

This one shot is dedicated to LoveLightFuryPL for always being one of the first people to vote on the chapters.
On with the one shot!
Hope you like it.

Valka P.O.V:
It's been a week since the war with Drago and I miss Stoick more than anything. I love him so much. On a happier note, I've been helping Hiccup with his Chiefly duties, and so has this girl named Astrid. I don't know her relationship to Hiccup though. I remember he kissed her after the battle, but that's all I know. I was walking around, deep in thought, when I bumped into someone and fell on the ground. I looked up to see a beautiful girl with blonde hair and striking blue eyes. Astrid.
"Oh my gods! I'm so sorry Valka!" worry filled her eyes as she helped me up.
"Don't worry about it lass. It's my fault,m. I wasn't looking." I said. "Would you like to walk with me? I was just on my way to see where Hiccup is," she offered tentatively.
I smiled at her sudden shyness. She reminded me of myself in a way when I used to talk about Stoick.
"Of course!"
After walking for 5 minuets, I asked her, " So. What is your relationship with my son? I did see him kiss you after the battle." I smirked at the last line and she blushed a deep red.
"Oh yeah.... Hiccup and I are kinda....engaged?" She seemed nervous at the aspect of me finding out about her and Hiccup.
I decided to reassure her. "That's wonderful! If you don't mind me asking, how did my son manage to    land a beautiful girl such as yourself?" Immediately, her demeanor changed. The deeper she got into the story, the comfortable she seemed talking with me. When she got to the part where they discovered The Edge, we spotted Hiccup.
"Astrid! Mom!" He bounded over to us and enveloped Astrid in a hug. He pulled away and pecked her forehead. Astrid smiles and took his hand, "Hey Hiccup. I was just telling your mom how we got together." He smiled and turned to me. " Is it okay if I steal her away for a bit? I have a surprise for her." I smiled and waved them off, "Of course! Go enjoy your day!" He grinned and dragged a laughing Astrid away. "Thanks Mom!" On the way back to mine and Hiccup's house, (I think that's right) I contemplated what I had just witnessed. Then I smiled. I remembered how Hiccup's eyes lit up when he saw Astrid. He truly loved her. And I can think of no one else more deserving of his love than Astrid.

Done! Sorry if the ending sucked. LoveLightFuryPL I hope you liked his one shot!
Keep being awesome you guys!
-Ethereal