When One Player Meets Another It Becomes One Hell of a Game (Chapter 7.75)

Chapter 7.75

(Will's Point of View)

I watched Summer dash off, and I could feel my fists automatically clench.

She was going off to see Max, that jerk, even after I told her I'd protect her friend. Did she love him somewhere in that heart of hers? I didn't know. She was one of the most confusing girls I'd ever met.

Nothing like the other girls who just fell for the face, tripping head over heels in what they called 'love' and I called 'fun', only to be forced awake from their pleasant day dreams with a bucket of cold reality when I dumped them.

Was that what attracted me to her? The fact that she could tell reality apart from the other fairytale world girls thought to exist? Maybe. I mean, I had never acted this way around a girl before.

At first all the things I'd done had been to piss of Max. I knew for a fact, before Summer told me, that, that jerk, with his good looks and flirty ways was her boyfriend. I had done some research a figured it out, all I had to do was open my ears, girls were great carriers of information and they flocked to me.

That's why I had said 'That Summer Hills girl is gorgeous' at lunch that one day, to see how he would react. It was the basic accepted response, he pushed my tray straight into my chest, defensive of what was his. The girl probably felt suffocated and wanted to be free, I knew the path I should take to steal her from him.

Simple as that.

But in those few minutes that I conversed with her, though I feigned surprise when Max told me he was her boyfriend, I really was surprised. Her emotions, the way her eyes shone like stars when she smiled, and her laugh soft and girly... my heart just beat out of sync.

And slowly, I don't know how since it was such a short period of time, I wanted to protect her, didn't love her, but wanted to protect her. But the way she did things, the way she talked... it felt like the more time I spent with her, the more time I was falling for her.

Did she love me? No, not yet. The way she blew off that kiss... she confused me. When I kissed a girl, they loved me no matter what. They just couldn't help it... but her.

I ran my hand through my hair, confused, when I had said that yesterday to Max, that love at first sight, I thought I had just been talking the talk... but was I staring walking the walk?

Was I really falling in love with Summer?

I let out a sigh, if only I had the power to gain her heart some way... "Who are you, and why did you just kiss Summer?" A voice asked from behind me. I blinked, stunned, my hand instinctively reaching for my wallet ready to bribe someone to forget what they had just seen... I didn't want to get Summer in trouble. That wouldn't help her like me.

But when I turned around, I recognized the person or should I say people who stood behind me, and I dropped my hand from my wallet. These people could be... helpful if I told them what was going on.

"Hello," I said, extending a hand, "I'm Will Marks. Summer's boyfriend-"

The first person instantly bristled, "You're not her boyfriend! Max is!" And I couldn't help but grin as I thought; not for long.

"Ok, well, I'm going to be her boyfriend soon I hope. And let me tell you why..." And with that, I began to tell these two people everything about Max and Summer's relationship.

I felt a little bad, like I was cheating in winning Summer's heart, but... I had told Summer that I would use every trick in the book to make her mine.

And could she blame me if when the opportunity to perform the greatest trick of all made it's self present that...

I took it?

<End of Chapter 7.75>

Hi! So sorry about the confusion for the last chapters :-/ I feel really bad about that. I hope you guys like this, and for a little bit of random fun... I present to you Q&A with the characters!

This time I'll be asking the questions myself, but if you guys like this than post questions in the comments and I'll have the characters respond like they should! Ok!

First question goes to... Max!

F: Max, you've been getting a lot of death threats lately, how does that make you feel?

M: Well, Faerie, it makes me feel a little sad, but since my parents are rich I'm used to it, and I don't have to worry about most of them since I have my own private security team.

Thank you Max. Next question goes to... Will!

F: Will, do you really like Summer?

W: ... Next question.

F: Is that a no.

W: No.

F: Is that a yes then?

W: I SAID NEXT QUESTION!

Ok then, final question goes to... Will again!

F: Will, so you're a second degree black belt in karate... any other secret skills you've been hiding from us?

W: Well, I play guitar pretty well, a talent that comes in hand when I take Summer to the 'Viper Roo-

F: NO SPOILERS!

W: OK! Gosh!

F: Any other skills.

W: Well... I do make a mean soufflé. You see I start off with-

And that's all we have time for today! See you next chapter folks! Don't forget to leave your comments of questions and feedback!

Peace out,

Faerie_Writer