When One Player Meets Another It Becomes One Hell of a Game (Chapter 8.5)

Chapter 8.5

(Max's Point Of View)

After we landed, I quickly helped Summer off the plane and down the stairs... or at least, I tried to in the gentlemanly way of reaching out a hand. But she only looked at it like it was a snake rearing up to bite her and quickly pushed past me.

Oh well, I'd show her a goodtime here in New York, and things would be great when we got back home. I could already imagine Will's face when...

"What were you thinking about just now?" Summer asked, with a hint of an attitude, and I grimaced. "The flight attendant." I lied, and she scoffed. I'm not going to tell her I was thinking about Will's reaction to this. That would just piss her off, and make me look jealous.

Which I wasn't. I just wanted it to be worth the fact that I was missing 5 nights of Porsche, Melanie, Kara, and Sandy... or was it Sally? Who knew? Who cared? I attempted to slip my arm around Summer, but she shrugged it off.

"Where are we going?" She demanded, oh so eager to get there. I sighed, couldn't she just enjoy the ride? "Well, we're going shopping, then we'll check into the hotel..." she looked at me like I was crazy. "Don't worry I got us separate rooms." I assured her quickly.

"That's not it." She stated. "It's just... how are we supposed to go shopping now? It's the middle of the night!"

I just grinned at her, as once again I put my arm around her and began dragging her to the town car that was waiting for us near the edge of the runway. God, though most of the time it annoyed me that my parents couldn't keep to themselves... this very same annoyance was helpful when I needed to take my girlfriend somewhere.

They had been eager to help apparently, paying for the jet fuel, getting us a hotel and town car, choosing the place (all these things I had learned from Fredrick after I had talked to him about how he knew the perfect place to go) and of course, funding me for the whole operation (according to Fredrick she had added a couple of zeros to my account) things would go smoothly.

I let Summer get into the car and then I followed her. Once we had sat down, and had our seatbelts on, Summer turned to me and said, "You still haven't answered my question. How on earth can we shop when it's the middle of the night?"

"Summer," I asked with a chuckle, "have you ever been to New York before?"

She frowned at me, "The state yes, the city no..."

And I just grinned at her as the car roared to life beneath us, and pulled away from the runway and onto the road that led into the city, "Then let me be the first Summer Hills to welcome you to New York, New York the city that never sleeps."

And as her eyes widened at my words, and slow grin crossed my face.

I could only think, "Will Marks, by the time this trip is over, you will be just a name in Summer's head, no more, but perhaps less.

"Count on it."

Questions coming up since I have a ton!

Sorry about the long silence, I switched school so I've been just getting used to my school. Updates should come regularly now! (Should no promises)

Love you guys!

Faerie_Writer