When One Player Meets Another Chapter 10.5

<Chapter .5>

(Max’s Point of View)

I watched Summer walk away, and from the way her back was all hunched up, and her fists were curled up by her sides that she was gonna cry later. It pissed me off. Not that she was going cry. That was understandable, I had just punched her brother for goodness sake, and Will had completely betrayed her trust.

I was pissed of that after our wonderful weekend in New York I was still making her cry, I thought we were over that.

I growled, curling my fists, and barged into school. Will was going down, because I knew for a fact he had told Jake to get him riled up on purpose 

I saw him at his locker, pulling books and what not from it, and without any warning I swung my fist at him. Full power. Not that wussy weak punch I gave to Jake so he would sit on his butt and stop upsetting his sister 

This punch meant business.

Knowing how strong he was, I think the only reason I got him this time was because he didn’t see me coming. He certainly looked stunned as he looked up rubbing his jaw, “What the…”

“You told Jake.” I hissed grabbing him by the collar of his shirt, “You told Jake, and you made Summer cry,” Well he did partly, “and you ruined a perfectly good time and soiled some nice memories. What is your problem Marks?”

Will remained cool, or well as cool as one could when they were aware that there was a bruise forming on their jaw as the spoke, “You’re my problem Williams.”

I heard hushed gasps race through the hallways, and I realized that if someone went and got the principle I could get in serious trouble. But, if I let go of Will now, even if it meant missing another perfect opportunity to punch his pretty little face, I knew he wouldn’t rat me out.

His pride wouldn’t let him.

Making my decision, I released his shirt, and slammed my fist into the locker behind him, denting the metal a little bit. “Watch yourself Marks, you just brought the games to a whole nother level with that little stunt of yours.”

And as I walked away, I heard that little rat say from behind me, “I’ll look forward to it.”

And even though I knew first hand of his super human strength, it took every fiber in my body and the memory of Summer’s horrified face when I punched her brother not to turn around a try to deck him again.

I might have just been the hardest thing I’d ever done in my life.

Will Marks was going to pay.

<End of Chapter 10.5>