When One Player Meets Another It Becomes One Hell of a Game (Chapter 4.75)

Chapter 4.75

(Will's Point of View)

After I dropped Summer back off at her house, I returned to the school to wait for Max and co. I had gotten a text from one of his cronies (how they had gotten my cell number I was unsure) to meet them in the front at 4:00. It was 3:59 now, and it would take me at least five minutes to get back to school, though I wasn't too worried about being late to our little meeting.

I smiled when at exactly 4:04 I saw Max and his group waiting for me in front of school by Max's car. I pulled my car to stop right in front of them, and the wheels dragged across the black asphalt, causing a screeching noise to echo through the air. I steeped out of the door, and flipped my sunglasses back, allowing Max's furious gaze to meet mine.

"Sooooooo," Max said, dragging the word out in a way which was painfully slow. "You decided to show yourself you little rat."

I flashed him a grin, "Yeah sorry I'm late. I had to drop a little ray of sunshine at her house." I let that sink in his pea brain, and when he didn't seem to get it, I dared to continue, "You know, that girl is the pure embodiment of her namesake... when she's away from you."

Max still looked at me, unsure as to what I was talking about. Then it seemed to dawn on him, and I watched with a satisfied smile as his eyes looked at me with pure venom.

"Summer." It wasn't a question, it was a conformation. Max was a bit smarter than I gave him credit for. But only a bit.

"She's at home, getting ready to take a starbucks to her friend, but don't you worry Maxie, she's placed some time aside to be ready for your dinner." I sneered, trying to rile him up.

It worked, and Max let out a growl of anger, "Stay away from her Marks, what happens in her life is none of your business."

I chuckled, "Funny, that's what she said too... at first. Obviously, she doesn't think that anymore, since she did confide in me. I think it took a load off of her shoulders to tell me all about it since she kept on smiling at me... but I'm sure that doesn't matter since she must smile at you alllll the time, Mr. Summer's boyfriend?"

A few of Max's friends snickered but Max silenced them with a glare, then his head swung back towards me, "Give me one good reason why I shouldn't come over there and rip your head off your shoulders."

"Because," I said, a challenge gleaming in my eye, "you can't."

Max ponder over that for a moment, before nodding his head, "True, I can't." I blinked, a bit taken back and Max seized upon my confusion with a grin, "But they can." He said gesturing to the guys behind him. He then looked straight at me with a cold glare and hissed, "Get him."

Instantly the guy across from me jumped on me, his beefy hands flying straight for my face. Without a second to spare, I lifted my leg up and lashed out at the guys face. My foot connected with a solid whack, and the guy let out a groan of pain. I brought my leg back down, as the guy I had hit staggered back, his hand clutching his nose as crimson blood drained from it.

Max looked at him, than at me, "You broke his nose!"

"Yeah, like I said you can't fight me." I said, brining my feet back together, mentally preparing for another attack. I refused to be caught so off guard next time.

The guy with the bloody nose looked at Max and in-between groans of pain, "Dude, I was on the receiving end of that kick. He's strong. Stronger than all of us."

Max gritted his teeth, and I just smiled. "You don't like it do you Max?"

"Don't like what?"

"That we're on the same level Max. All those other guys that went after Summer, they never stood a chance. They weren't as strong as you, but me, I'm as strong as your whole little crew. You've never met a guy who's as rich as you, but I'm just as rich if not richer, not to mention I'm as good looking as you are. We're even Max."

"Go away." Max growled and I just laughed, "No, I won't go away. I'm not someone you can wipe away with looks, or brute strength, or even money. I'm here to stay Max Williams, and I am going to rock the boat you've been living in, undisturbed, for so long."

"Why me?" Max asked, "Why Summer?"

"Guys always want what they can't have Max... or at least that's what it was at first." I told him and he just looked at me with eyes full of confusion, a frown on his face.

"What?" He asked, and my grin grew broader, "Geez, don't you get it Max? I can't have Summer, thus my attraction. She belongs to you, because she's scared to leave you. It's the ultimate player thing to get what belongs to another, a game if you will."

Max growled, "You low-scumbag-"

I lifted my hands up, "Calm yourself Max, that's all it was at first, but then... when she smiled that first time, it put the New York City lights to shame. And when she laughed..." I let out a sigh. "But you know Max, I found it funny that everyone looked at her strangely when she only laughed and I wondered what is this? Why it so strange that a teenage girl laughed? And then I discovered that with you as a boyfriend she didn't have much to laugh about.

"And I started to think. See I have a little sister in middle school, and what if Summer was my little sister all grown up? Would I want her in that kind of relationship? Would I want her in a relationship that was at the point where she had no reason to smile anymore? Of course not. So it was then I decided, I would do whatever it took to make her smile again. So I will, especially if that means stealing her away from you."

Max looked at me with a frown, "Why do care so much? So what if she doesn't smile?"

I resisted the urge to punch him in the face. "You idiot," I said starring him down, "you just don't get it do you? She has feelings Max! When you ignore her she hurts! When you flirt with other girls she hurts! When you... when you forget your five year anniversary she... she..."

"What?"

"Cries Max. She cries. Big, wet tears for a really long time." Max paled as though this thought hadn't occurred to him. I sighed, "Look Max, you seem to think this is some Hell of a game. So be it. All I have to say now is game on Max."

I walked back over to my car, got back in and shut the door. Max didn't bother to send anyone after me. I pulled a quick u-turn and the wheels stopped in front of Max and his buddies. I rolled the window down, and looked at him. "Prepare to lose Max," I said coolly. "Prepare to lose everything, including Summer."

Then with that bit of parting words, I flicked my shades down, and drove away, my eyes on my review mirror until I could no longer see Max William's shocked face in it.

This indeed was one Hell of a game, and I had no intention of losing.

I'm not going to do to many of Will's POVS so I hoped you liked this one!

Thanks for everything guys!

Faeire_Writer