Decisions

Disclaimer: I don't own Supergirl or anything else

Supergirl: Midvale High

Chapter 29 Decisions 

Kara

It's been a couple of days since Lois offered me the assistant job and it's been nothing but a blur until now. I have finally decided that college is not for me, I want to learn to be a journalist from Lois instead of going through unnecessary classes to learn nothing new. The first thing I had to do was inform the college that I would no longer be attending classes and that I was withdrawing.

After several meeting and a whole lot of paperwork to fill out, I finally walked out of the college gates for the last time. Looking back on it I'm glad I got to experience it a little but it just wasn't right for me, not with how easy it was all the time.

"Hey Kara, I didn't expect to see you," lois smiled as I came own the stairs into the Daily Planet.

"Hey yeah, I was wondering if you were free so we can talk?" I smiled nervously. I don't know why I was nervous.

"Yes I was just about to have my lunch, I know a café not far from here," Lois said picking up her jacket before leading me out of the Daily Planet.

"I left college this morning," I said nervously. I knew it, what I truly want was just strange. I had left Midvale to go to college and now I have just quit college and was getting a proper job.

"Does that mean you're coming to work with me?" Lois asked excitedly.

"Yes if you're still offering," I said.

"Of course the offer's still there, you're family," Lois told me.

"You're not just offering me the job because I'm family," I said I don't know why I know Lois would never do that.

"No I am doing it because I know how good at the job you will be," Lois smiled.

"Thank you," I said the nervousness had finally disappeared it was replaced a happy feeling.

We ate the food that we ordered when we first arrived. We spent the next forty five minutes just talking about the job. Lois told me everything that I would be doing working for her, I would be starting tomorrow at nine AM.

"I will see you bright and early tomorrow morning," Lois said hugging me before she went back to work.

I walked back to the apartment thankfully the Daily Planet is only a fifteen minute walk from the apartment. When I arrived the apartment was quiet, everyone must have still been at college. I took the chance to grab my laptop, Lois asked me to show an example of a article to show her. An hour later Mon El, Alex and Maggie arrived home I still sat on the sofa writing. I looked up before looking down again.

"Hey everyone," Alex said sarcastically as I didn't really pay much attention.

"Hey beautiful," Mon El said jumping on to the couch beside me trying to give me a kiss.

"Hey sorry I was just finishing this," I said finally finishing closing my laptop putting it on the coffee table.

"I thought you were going to quit college today," Maggie said throwing herself on the chair.

"I have," I told them.

"So why're you doing work," Alex asked confused.

"It's not work for college, it's for Lois as an example of my article writing I start tomorrow, " I told them as I lay down with my head on Mon El lap.

"Congrats babe," Mon El said leaning down to kiss me.

"Mom is going to kill you," Alex pointed out for the tenth time.

"Again Alex thanks for the support," I said glaring at her. "I'm planning on going back to Midvale to tell her at some point."

"Before she finds out you know how Clark found out about you and Mon El when you were getting down and dirty in the barn and he walked in on you," Alex said.

"I really am feeling the love and support sis," I said throwing my hands in the air. "Plus we were not getting down and dirty, we were just kissing. Mon El just happened to not have his shirt on."

"You know I support you Kara just mom will go mad," Alex said before picking up the pizza takeaway menu. "We are ordering pizza if you want any."

"Please the normal," I said ever since we moved to Metropolis we found a pizza takeaway that we always order from after a long day at college. We planned to order pizza and all sit down to watch a movie together.

"How was college?" I asked Mon El. Alex and Maggie had gone to get change into something more comfy.

"Same old same old," he sighed I could tell he hated it.

"I'm sure it will get better" I smiled up at him.

"Maybe but I don't think so," Mon El said he feed up of college, "I'm proud of you."

"Why," I smiled at him.

"You decided what you wanted to do and went out and you've done it," Mon El explained.

"I didn't decide anything I just knew I couldn't stay at college," I smiled there was a knock on the apartment door Alex and Maggie came rushing out of there room.

"Pizza," Alex shouted racing over to answer the door.

Opening the door to see the delivery man holding two giant pizza boxes she handed over the money taking the pizzas off him closing the door. we all sit around the dining room table.

"So are you going to stay at college Mon El?" Maggie asked as we sat demolishing the pizzas.

"I haven't decided what I want to do if I leave college," Mon El spoke.

"What would you like do?" Alex asked.

"Maybe a sports internship," Mon El answered.

"That's a great idea," I smiled.

We sat around eating pizza talking about college an my new job. We have really come along since Midvale.

Comments would be highly appreciated

.spotxch