Rangers

Disclaimer: I don't own Supergirl or anything else

Supergirl: Midvale High

Chapter 20 Rangers

Kara

When I woke up the next morning, I couldn't feel Mon El's body beside mine anymore. I was awake when he came into the bedroom last night I just didn't know what to say to him. I got up throwing one of Mon El's hoodies on making my way out of the bedroom. Everyone was awake and in the kitchen eating breakfast.

"Hey Kara just in time for breakfast," Martha said as she placed a plate in front of the empty chair beside her. I sat down, Mon El didn't look up from his plate he still looked sad.

The breakfast table was full of chatter but me and Mon El stayed quiet, he still had not looked at me. I found out that Alex and Maggie were going somewhere I didn't hear on a date, my mind kept wondering to last night. I didn't expect to hear what Mon El said we hadn't been together that long, I know we have known each other since we both landed on Earth but we had just got together. Without noticing the table went quiet, I looked up to see Alex and Maggie gone and Eliza and Martha doing the breakfast dishes. Mon El still sat at the top of the table but this time he was looking down at me. I gave a weak smile before standing up and putting what was left of my breakfast in the bin, giving the plate to Eliza to wash. I made my way back into the room, I know that Mon El was following me.

"Can we talk?" Mon El asked I sat on the I just nodded he took a seat on the end of the bed. "I'm not sorry for what I said it's what I want. I know I was out of line talking to Clark before I spoke to you."

I sat there just staring at my hands didn't know what to say...

"I heard what you said to Eliza last night," I said simply.

"You were awake?" Mon El asked I nodded. "If you were so angry with me why did you let me sleep in here last night and why did you cuddle into me?"

"I'm not angry with you, well I was about Clark but I got over that," I told him I still stared at my hands I didn't trust myself to look up at his sad face because I knew I had hurt him by just running away.

"So what are you if you're not angry?" Mon El questioned.

"I don't know," I answered I sighed. "I heard you and Eliza talking last night. I didn't know you had liked me for that long, I would hear your friends laugh whenever I walked past."

"Yeah that was because they knew I liked you so they would laugh at the amount of time I said I would go talk to you then when I did you would either tell me to get lost or I would just stumble over my words and look like a complete loser," Mon El told I had to laugh because I could remember the amount of time I told him to get lost.

"Well...you're not a complete loser," I mused with a small smile.

"Hey now, that's just mean," he moaned.

"You're going to have to make it up to me, you know? Starting with ice cream," I told him. "Lots and lots of ice cream. I will tell you at the end of the week if I want to live with you or not, understood?"

The look of dread on his face was accompanied by the way his hand immediately went to his wallet. Yes, he could make it up to me with ice cream and maybe, just maybe I would let him know I was okay with us living together. Still, it was kind of fun teasing him like this by not letting him know that particular fact. The ice cream was just an added bonus at this point, one that I'm happily going to take for all it was worth. I wonder if they have any good ice cream parlors here?