Promise

Disclaimer: I don't own Supergirl or anything else

Supergirl: Midvale High 

Chapter 27 Promise

Kara

It's been three weeks since we all started college. I have just finished a three hour lecture of English. I have just made it back to the apartment after three boring hours, I swing open the door and throw my bag down, then my leather jacket, throwing myself on the sofa letting out a groan.

"Long day?" Mon El asked. It was one of Mon El's days off, it killed me to get out of bed this morning while Mon El was still fast asleep.

"You could say that three hours of listening to someone drone on about stuff that I learned when I was ten years old on Krypton," I sighed. Krypton's education was way more advanced then Earth's.

"Well I've got food, do you want some?" Mon El asked as he stood in the kitchen. I sighed again before dragging myself off the sofa.

"What you got?" I asked as I sat on the bar stool looking at the food he had and I didn't look good.

"It was supposed to be a grilled cheese sandwich but it might of burnt," he said picking it up before dropping it back on the plate making a crash.

"You can make pizzas but you burn a sandwich," I laughed at him.

"Yes well it was the frying pans fault," he joked.

"Yes of course in other words to say you were playing your game console," I said pointing to the game console that was set up.

"I was spending my day wisely, anyway I'm still hungry. I'm ordering Chinese, do you want some pot sticker?" he asked me as he picked his phone up from the counter.

"Of course," I said excitedly. It's one food I could always eat.

We ordered the food, twenty minutes later the food arrived. We sat at the kitchen table, the table was almost full with the amount of food we ordered. It looked like we were feeding a whole family.

"When I applied for the scholarship I expected it to be more fun but my coach is a right ass," Mon El explained.

"What has he done?" I asked.

"He's constantly on my case, I'm not doing anything right in his opinion plus the other students are being right dicks calling me a cheat because I can run rings around them," Mon El answered I couldn't help but laugh.

"It's times like these that I wonder why we even decided to go to college in the first place," I sighed.

"...Because its Metropolis?" Mon El suggested.

"Because its Metropolis," I nodded in agreement "We thought that everything would be more exciting with it being the City of Tomorrow but so far college feels like its dragging."

"Do you regret it?" he asked me.

"A bit," I admitted quietly. I used to be so excited to go to college but now it just feels like a waste of time.

"I have to admit that I feel the same way," Mon El told me. "College is a lot different than high school, and not in a good way."

"...Have you ever thought of growing facial hair?" I randomly asked Mon El after we finished eating.

"Well that's random, and no I can't say I have. Why?" Mon El asked.

We couldn't decide what we wanted to do so Mon El went back to playing his video game. While I was staring blankly at my laptop after finishing writing up the notes I took from class.