Chapter 27

(Eren's pov) (📝EDITED📝)

Levi and I sit on his bed while I play with his hair. Sadly, we are both fully dressed. We're wondering what we want to do today since we won't be going to school. I sigh deeply, nothing coming to my mind about what I feel like doing. "How about we go shopping?" Levi suggests.

"We went shopping last week," I replied I with boredom and a sigh.

Levi sighs. "You're right," I groan and flop onto the bed. "Oi, Loverboy, I was enjoying that."

"Tsk, sorry. I'm bored and exhausted."

Levi smirks. "Are you still tired from that?"

I roll my eyes. Of course I am. Sorry that was my first time and have no experience," I reply, fakely offended.

"Tch, don't worry about it. I was like that too when I had sex with Jade. We both were, actually. I remember-"

"-Okay, Levi. I don't need details."

Levi chuckles. "Right. Well, think of something."

"Why don't you do it?"

"Because I've already come up with most of the ideas."

"Tsk, how about we just go for a walk?"

"We could do that," Levi stands, grabbing my arm so I will stand Levi. We walk out of the house and down the street, our fingers intertwined. It's a habit for us now, and I'm glad it is. I feel safe and happy, knowing that Levi is not even an inch away from me. Levi and I don't even know where we were going to go, we are kind of just...following each other.

(Levi's pov)

Eren and I are walking down this street which os filled with cafes, stores, restaurants, and etc. Eren nudges me which makes me look up at him. He gestures his head to across the road. My eyes widen and are flushed in anger.

I let go of his hand and walks across the road, not aware of my surroundings. I made it across the road, however, I heard car wheels screech to a stop and something or someone get hit. My eyes widen and I turn my head in hope that it isn't Eren. Luckily, it isn't Eren, but it' someone else.

Eren kneels next to a person covered in blood. I walk closer, to see bright blond hair drenched in blood. Eren ks shaking intensely and tears are falling onto the teen. I walk closer and put a hand on Eren's shoulder, looking down to see who it was.

Eren's hands are covered in the person's blood. He clings tightly to them and I'm too shocked to call the ambulance, but luckily the man that was in the car is on the phone with the police.

The police and ambulance arrive and put the teen on the gurney as Eren still tries to cling to them. He's yelling apologies and that he should've been the one to get hit. It hurts me every time he says that he should've been the one to get hit and that it was his fault.

When in reality, it was my fault. I didn't look where I was going when I crossed the road. I made Eren worry about me and walk across the road to catch up to me. It was my fault, that the person got hit.

We arrive at the hospital and Eren quickly runs inside, asking to see the teen. The receptionist at the front desk doesn't allow them unless they were family. He started to yell. I apologized to the receptionist before I grabbed him by the arm and pulled him to the chairs, "It's my fault," He muttered through tears, his hand covering his face.

"It's not your fault, Eren," I reply, rubbing his back.

"It is, Levi. I carelessly ran after you. I wanted you to be safe. I should've been the one to get hit. It's my fault."

"Eren, it's not your fault. It's mine. I carelessly ran across the road. You chased after me in fear. They just happened to be there to push you out of the way."

"It's not your fault, Levi. I showed her to you. I mentally told you that she was here which made you run across the road and I ran for you. It's my fault."

"If anything, Eren, I should've been the one to get hit. Like I said, I was the one that carelessly ran out of the road. None of this was your fault."

"You don't understand, Levi. I could've waited to see if you would safely run across the street. I wasn't thinking when I ran across."

"Were you hoping that I didn't make it across so you could be the hero?" I ask, assuming that's what he means.

"What? Levi, that's not it at all! What makes you think that!?"

"I...I don't know, Eren. I'm sorry, I'm just stressed right now."

"Don't take responsibility for them."

"You shouldn't either."

(Eren's pov)

I reluctantly agree with Levi as the doctor walks in. "Eren Jaeger?" The doctor asks.

"Yes, that's me," I reply before standing.

After seeing me, the Doctor tenses up more. My cheeks are tear-stained, my eyes are bloodshot, and my hands and face are covered in blood. "Excuse me for the words I'm about to say...But, I'm sorry for your loss," At these words, I collapse to the ground, sobbing uncontrollably.

"Damnit! Damnit! Damnit!!! It's all my fault!! It's all my fucking fault!" I scream, punching the ground, getting everyone's attention.

"They did want me to tell you something," I perk my head up. "Their final words were, 'Please, tell Eren Jaeger: I'm very sorry for everything that I've done to you. I'm sorry I left you. I didn't want anything bad to happen to me. I was only thinking about myself. I'm so sorry. I wish I could've done something to make your life better, instead of worse.' I am very sorry, sir."

My eyes widen and I gritted my teeth. "I'm sorry...Armin."

(A/n: Sorry this is a short chapter, but I think it fits in with the ending. Here's another chapter for you today since I have this whole day free. There may be another chapter tonight, but if not, it would be early tomorrow morning. I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and give a vote if you did.) (P.s., sorry for any unintentional mistakes.)