chapter ³

❝ A Gemini has many personalitiesbut will only show the one theywant you to know ❞

A Gemini has many personalities
but will only show the one they
want you to know

❝ A Gemini has many personalitiesbut will only show the one theywant you to know ❞

MY EYES SHOT OPEN as I coughed out a gallon of water.

Strong arms enveloped my body and set me down on the soft grass beside the riverbed.

"Are you okay? What were you doing in the river?" A young man about my age asked, clearly bewildered.

"I dropped my bow." I wiped the water from my stinging eyes. My hair and clothes were drenched and my boots were full of liquid.

"Don't you have others?"

"Yeah but this one's irreplaceable." I clutched the bow my ancestors had crafted for me in my right hand tightly.

"You're hurt."

I was. On the side of my right leg was a deep, repugnant gash that was oozing a sticky trail of blood. Despite how severe it looked, I couldn't feel a thing.

"It's just a scratch, I get them all the time."

"Stay still." He inspected my leg and I flinched when his fingers got too close. "I'm sorry."

"It's fine." His fingers were weirdly soft, nothing like the rough hands of Mars's.

"I have some medical supplies back at my house. Stay here and I'll—"

"No!" I tried to stand but my leg protested in pain and I sat back down. "I'm coming with you."

"I don't think that's a good idea, you can barely walk. My house is just over that hill." He pointed.

"Alright. Just hurry."

The boy quickly returned with a bag of medical supplies, an ice pack and a big blue towel.

"Thanks," I took the towel from him and started to squeeze the water from my long hair, "I'm Char, Sagittarius."

"I'm Cade."

He bent down on one knee and cleaned the blood from my leg with a wet cloth. There was a slight sting but nothing I couldn't handle.

"So what are you?"