Living with the Bentley Boys [ 13 ]

The car journey home was silent. Liam and Riley were sitting in the back both of them still a little shocked by the incident that had taken place, I was sat between Josh and Kyle, after Kyle had told Amanda to go home Josh had offered to take him with us seeing as he’d be dropping Liam and I off anways. Josh’s hand was wrapped around my shoulder’s securely almost as if he was telling Kyle to back off.

         I felt Josh’s soft finger tilt my chin towards him, he opened his mouth but then shut it again not sure what to say. “I’m sorry.” He said deeply, his voice was soft and only made it harder to stop the tears in my eyes from falling.

         “I’ve never done anything to her.” I replied unable to hold in the tears, they exploded down my face as I pressed my face into my palms.

         “She had no right to say any of that to you, don’t let her get to you alright babe?” Kyle said squeezing my hand.

         “I feel like shit.” Josh mumbled, wrapping his arms around me, I allowed my tears and sobs to drown into his chest. All I’d ever wanted was one day as a normal teenager, What had I done to receive all this hate from other people in my school? I stayed out of everyone’s way, I didn’t interfere in anyone’s business, I didn’t even talk to people- what had they all got against me?

         “It’s not your fault.” I told him softly.

         He looked down at me one of his arms still wrapped around me, he let his finger trace the tears down my face before he wiped them away. “Give me a smile.” He grinned, trying to easen the mood slightly.

         “Josh.” I mumbled, swatting his chest. A smile twitched at the ends of my lips as I heard Kyle laugh from beside me.

         “There it is.” He chuckled pulling at the sides of my lips.

         “Ah man, I feel like a fifth wheel.” Kyle groaned from beside me. I turned to look at him and rolled my eyes.

          “A fifth wheel? You mean third?” I laughed.

         “No fifth! There are two couples and then me.” He groaned pressing his palms against his temples.

         “You are, get out the car.” I teased shoving him lightly.

         “Cheers, just don’t do anything I don’t want to see.” He replied playfully, shooting Josh a wink. I felt my cheeks heat up in embarrassment, what was it with Kyle and making me sound like a dirty slut in front of Josh?

         “I’m not you, I can control myself.” I laughed back.

         “Oooooooh burn.” Liam laughed from the backseat.

         “Wait and watch until we get home.” Kyle teased, he added a wink smoothly to show he was only messing around.