Living with the Bentley Boys [ 11 ]

"What? don't be stupid." I muttered turning around to leave.

           "Is there something wrong with me?!" He teased, grabbing my hand. His soft palm was pressed against mine and I had to shut my eyes and fill my lungs with air to stop myself from loosing consciousness. My mind screamed yes but my heart yelled no.

           "I'm sorry about lying to you Jace-" He started a sadness tone to his voice, but I pressed my finger against his lips. 

           Without giving it a second thought my lips took control and stupidly I kissed him, pulling away once I'd finally realised what I was doing- I hated myself. I did like him, scratch that I LOVED him. His lips tasted perfect, they were the definition of perfect. "Can you stop apologising?" I pleaded. Sitting myself down beside him, I was still trying to digest my actions.

           "Your still mad at me babe!" He exclaimed shrugging his shoulders.

           "I just kissed you!" I laughed awkwardly while my cheeks blossomed red in embarrassment. "I don't kiss people I'm mad at." I stated. I don't kiss anyone more like. My mind spoke.

           "Why won't you go out with me?" He whined. I chuckled too myself, he sounded like a little school boy who didn't want to eat his vegetables.

           "It wouldn't work Josh!" I replied quietly, forcing each word out of my throat. He had no idea how badly I wanted to say yes, he didn't realise I was doing it for his own good.

           "Your worried about what other's are gonna say aren't you?" He asked gently.

           "You really need to get some rest Josh." I gushed getting up- he could read me so well. I didn't even need to say anything for him to understand what was going through my mind.

           "I'd much rather talk to you."

           "Think about what people would say if we went out."

           "You care to much about other's opinions."

           "I do not!" I exclaimed crossing my hands over my chest.

           "You look so cute when your mad!" Josh teased, pinching annoyingly at my cheeks.

           "Josh." I started quietly. Hearing the seriousness in my voice he straightened his face out ready to listen. "I'm worried this is a joke to you, something your friends have dared you to do. I know your saying it's not but I have trust issues. I trusted so many people and look where it left me, the school's lonely girl- the one no one talks to." I replied quietly, each word came out quieter than the previous one.

          "Your not the school's lonely girl, shut up Jaycee." He scoffed.

          "I don't get why you want to date me Josh! There are so many girls in the school, prettier, clever- more girly, more your type!" I exclaimed.

          "Your beautiful, You have the brains and the looks Jaycee." He reassured me gently. "Maybe I don't want to date a cheerleader bimbo- Maybe I want a girl who can look after herself."

          "Your so cheesy." I mumbled as an unwanted smile crept onto my face. I pushed my head into his chest, feeling his muscular arm drape around my neck.

          Letting a sly smile slip upon his gorgeous face, he repeated himself. "Is that a yes?" He chuckled.

          "Your not giving up are you?" I laughed.