Living with the Bentley Boys [24]

The feedback I get on this story is absolutely incredible, I know it is very very messy and rushed but for some reason you all seem to adore it, so i've taken down the new version and I'll continue with this one for now! I'm sorry about how long you've had to wait for an upload but I am also trying to edit this story from the beginning so please bare with me! Lots and lots of love and please tell me what you think, never quite written a scene like this before! xx

Their mother stepped forward, her brunette hair concealing the left side of her face, but her brown eyes were staring at me; glaring at the gun in my palm and I was trembling. Things like this always appear in the news, they break headlines, 'Family held hostage' you read in big bold letters and you always feel sorry but you never understand the true shear of panic until you find yourself in a situation that makes your worst nightmares look pathetic.

I shook my head again, letting a sob erupt through me. "Please don't make me do this." I was begging her, and more than desolation the tears were of rage and weakness because I couldn't even protect Liam.

Ms Bentley smiled at me, satisfied, as her plump lips curled upwards. "Who is he to you?" she asked, pacing the length of the warehouse, her glance was locked with mine the whole time.

I didn't respond. I physically couldn't, too afraid the wrong answer would get someone killed. I must have zoned out because a second later, her fingers were wrapped around my throat, her nails digging in and I couldn't breathe. "Didn't your mother ever teach you, it's impolite to not respond?" her eyes narrowed.

I felt somebody shuffle beside me, "If any of you fucking move or speak, I will kill you." The man with the gold tooth spat out, his fingers were curled around the trigger and it was aimed at Cole. She finally let go of my throat, and I found myself stumbling forwards, on my knees as I gasped out for air. "Get out," he pointed towards the door.

I could hear the helpless footsteps fading away from me, it took everything in me to push myself up to my feet, but Ms Bentley put her arm out, blocking my path. "Not you."

"Jace-" I heard my Dad whimper before the sound of a distinctive bullet went off and I flinched.

"I said, don't fucking speak."

My throat closed as I heard everyone walking away from me, "What do you want?" I tried to yell, but my voice came out weak, light, pathetic.

"It was his fault –" she started making her way over to Liam, "He never settled in at any school, no friends" she grabbed his jaw, applying pressure but he didn't react, physically exhausted, drained and there as nothing I wanted more than to run over to him and cradle him in my arms, tell him not to listen to her, tell him it would all be okay because it always was in the end.

There was a thud and when I looked over to Liam, his chair had been knocked to the ground, his back was facing me and all I could see were his little hands tied behind the chair, his wrists bruised and dented from the rope and unaware I found myself running towards him. "You little piece of shit," she was spitting at him, before one of her men kicked him in the stomach; he doubled over still not making a sound.

"Please stop," I was crying now, not even trying to compose myself as somebody held me back, feeling my heart plunge to the pits of my stomach.

"You didn't even try," she hissed, lowering herself to his level, "Such a fuck up." I watched her eyes slowly cloud with rage and I didn't understand what she had against these men, or how she'd brainwashed them to not respond to what she was doing, but more than anything I didn't understand how anyone was capable of this much evil and that towards their own child.

Hot, salty tears rolled down my cheeks as the man grabbed my face, forcing me to look forward when I tried to look away, compelling me to take in the situation and I was crying, standing in what seemed to be my own nightmare.

"All we ever asked you to do was try Liam," she whispered, her voice breaking, "Your school would call us everyday, something about you being bullied or not going to lessons, you just wanted our lives to revolve around you, didn't you?" she yanked him up by his hair, so he was forced to sit upright.

His eyes were wet and swollen, his cheeks cut and battered, It seemed like the longest silence until he finally spoke out "All I ever wanted was for you to love me." he managed to wheeze out and I sobbed, wondering why I was always so poignant when they needed me and in that moment all I knew was that somehow I had to get the both of us out of this warehouse, alive.

"Shut up"I didn't even see their mother move towards me,I just felt the impact when her fist connected with my cheek, this abnormalsensation of immense pain shattered inside of me as I fell onto the floor, mykneecaps slamming against the concrete. My vision started to distort, everything seemed hazy and I couldn't quite comprehend why the warehouse was moving. Everyone around me was running and I didn't know what was going on, Liam was looking at me screaming something, his eyes telling  me to look at the door but I was trying so hard to keep my eyes open I couldn't focus on anything else. 

"Put your hands up where I can see them" the ground was shaking as an army of men in navy charged in and it took me far too long to realise they were the police. Fuck, I was the one with the gun on me.

I tried to crawl across the floor and stay out of the picture behind an old barrel and watch the police take away Ms Bentley and her guards but I should have known, people like her don't play nice.

I watched them aiming what seemed like hundreds of guns but then that could have been because I was partially drifting off into unconsciousness and seeing doubles or triples.

A gunshot went off, so loud I had to cover my ears as my body shook in physical fear. I let myself stay low for a second, as the room started to fill with smoke and I was too afraid to look, almost afraid that Ms Bentley was dead and it was all finally over.

I managed to use my good arm to hoist myself up, and I let my eyes scan the room. Ms Bentley was most definitely not dead but very much alive, with a gun in her hand aimed straight back at a police man who was sprawled across the floor, his hands over a wound that seemed to have stained the floor with blood. I should have known she wouldn't go down without a fight.

Just like that bullets were being shot back and forth and all hell broke loose, everyone was running around and I didn't even know my heart was capable of this many palpitations. Sometimes we see things we choose not to register, because when you look at it properly it becomes reality, until you really stare at it, it could just be a figment of your imagination. I watched a little lifeless body from the corner of my eyes fall to the floor, watching his head make contact with the hard surface below him and I watched the blood gush out making a pool a round him.

"LIAAAAAAAM" I screamed, running straight through the middle of the gunfight.