Living with the Bentley Boys [ 19 ]

A/N: Sorry about all the curses, blame Kyle not me ;) xx

Kyle’s P.O.V

She was unconscious; lying down in the school infirmary and the nurse had told me there was nothing to worry about but my blood was boiling, ready to explode and erupt from deep inside of me.

How could Shelly have said that?

How could anybody tell anyone to go and kill them self?

How could you be that fucking shallow, stoop that fucking low and tell somebody to go and fucking kill them self?

What if they fucking did?

How would you live with the guilt for the rest of your life knowing you pushed them off the edge, knowing maybe if you’d kept your fucking narrow minded thoughts to yourself that person would be fucking alive right now?

It was practically murder and if I hadn’t managed to compose myself, I would have fucking killed Shelly, there and then; taught her a lesson she wouldn’t ever forget because Jaycee wasn’t a bad person, she never hurt anybody and she did not fucking deserve that.

I was trying to contain the barely restraining anger inside of me, because I just didn't understand humans that felt the need to hurt others. I didn't understand why you had to put somebody else down to make yourself feel better, was it really worth it in the end?

I was sitting down in the infirmary beside her, tapping my leg impatiently because I hated the doctors or anything related to hospitals because the last time I’d been in one I was told my dad had died, the white walls, the smell of antiseptics, the sobbing you could hear from down the hall way of heart broken relatives, it brought back bad memories and I hadn’t healed fully yet, I wasn’t ready for it, but I loved Jaycee and I knew that from deep inside every crack and crevice within me. I had to be here for her. I would do anything for her, even if it meant re-living my past, re-living things that I didn’t want to remember because love was about sacrificing your happiness for others, right?

I glanced over at Jaycee, her beautiful face still pale emotionless, her sparkling eyes still shut and it struck me how little she’s changed since we were kids.

She still had her bubbly personality, and the same horribly bad sense of humor, she was still that naïve little girl I’d been best friends with twelve years ago, that beautiful girl I’d married with a haribo ring when we were three, the Jaycee I’d raised doll babies with and the only girl I’d cried over when we moved because she was my everything, and I never even got the chance to tell her how much she meant to me or keep in touch because I was afraid she didn’t remember me and now that she was back in my life it felt like I was being given another chance, but I couldn’t say anything because she was with Josh.

“Shit.” An all too familiar voice cursed from the doorway.

“What are you doing here Ty?” I asked, quickly ripping my interlocked fingers away from Jaycee’s, he smirked, shaking his head and I wanted to punch his damned face, wipe away that smirk.

“Apparently she passed out and Shelly tried to help her, but she was too late?” he mumbled, his eyes locked on her and his eyes were dark and shallow and I knew he didn't believe the rumours, because I knew my brother. “I got here as quick as I could man.” he muttered, racking his fingers through his hair.

I rolled my eyes, typical, trust Shelly to make up bullshit. “I was on the way to fifth period and I heard Shelly’s voice from the girls toilets, threatening to kill Jaycee, so I ran in and brought her here, Shelly didn’t try to help her, she was the one that did this.” I stated sourly, gesturing to Jaycee’s body.