Chapter 15: Come Home

I was angry because even after a few days he had nothing to say about my letter.

Veronica also didn't leave me any choice but to tell her what I really feel about Billy. She didn't stop saying that she didn't understand why he had never called her to go out again after that kiss at Pop's. I no longer had patience and told her everything what happened between us. She was shocked, but she stopped talking about him.

Billy ignored me next week too. He'd be all day long, and on other occasions he would stay in his room behind closed doors.

Obviously, he knew I heard a girl's voice from his room the day I left the diary at the door. It was clear that he didn't care to see or think about how it affects my feelings.

And when that week, Jughead Jones, asked me on a date, I said yes.

Jughead was probably one of the nicest guys in the school. He didn't really, physically attracted me, but I needed something that would turn my mind of Billy and I knew that we would spend some beautiful time together. He was one of the few men I considered a friend, even though it was clear he wanted to be more than that.

Friday night finally arrived. I brushed my wavy hair and dressed dark blue dress, but my mood was just as though I was going with Veronica to the cinema.

When Jughead arrived, my mother opened the door and yelled: "Betty, Jughead is here!"

Quiet music was heard from Billy's room, and the door was closed. On one hand, I wanted him to see me go with Jughead, but on the other I didn't want to deal with him.

Jughead was waiting at the bottom of the stairs with flowers, which made me, strangely, unpleasant. I could never think of Billy giving a girl flowers. To be realistic he didn't even need it.

"Hi, Jug."

"Hi, Betty. You look great."

"Thanks."

"You don't mind me going to the bathroom before we go?"

I was wondering if I should send him to the floor for the possibility that Billy would leave his room.

"Of course. Go upstairs, turn left, bathroom is at the end of the hallway."

I was waiting on the high chair at the counter.

"He looks like a nice boy.", my mother said.

"Yeah.", I said, putting flowers in the vase.

That was a problem. I liked a bit of a danger to go with my goodness.

Five minutes later, Jughead returned with a strange expression on his face.

"Are you ready?", I asked.

"Of course.", he said, not looking into my eyes.

He walked in front of me and led me to his motorcycle, parked in front of the house.

He seemed strange and after entered his car, and before turning it on, he turned to me.

"I ran to your stepbrother upstairs."

I swallowed. "Really?"

"He told me to give you this, that you forgot them in his room.", he gave me pink lace panties.

I took them and looked away, not knowing if I was angry or not.

"He's just trying to mess with you...and me too. That's him. I know it sounds stupid, but in joke he took all my panties and still didn't give them all back. That's it."

"Okay. That was really weird."

"I know. Believe me. I'm sorry."

Jughead looked on the road, so I pulled out the phone and sent a text to Billy.

'Why did you do that???'

'Don't overreact. It was funny and you know it.'

'It wasn't to him.'

'You don't even like him.'

'How do you know that?'

'Because you like me.'

'You're full of yourself.'

'You wanted once to be full of me, remember?'

'Why are you always doing this?'

'What?'

'Waking that asshole in you again.'

'You want me to wake him up in you?'

'Bite me!'

'Oh, I bite...very good. I'd show you I could.'

'Why are you doing this?'

'Because I can't fucking stop.'

I didn't want to answer. He sent a new text.

'Come home.'

'What?'

'Come home. Stay with me.'

'No!'

I put the phone down and looked at Jughead, who was still silently looking forward.

Billy has gone mad. What does he think who he is trying to prevent me from going to a date while he continues to whore himself around?

Billy threw a shadow on the rest of the night, and although we managed have a regular conversation at Pop's, I knew that Billy's meeting with Jughead ruined everything.

It was sick of me that I hadn't been so angry. If I were honest with myself, I secretly liked that Billy wanted to ruin my date, which shows that he cares.

I tried to give all my attention to Jughead, but I couldn't. All I could think about was Billy.

My phone vibrated while we were ready to pay the bill.

'You have to come home.'

'No.'

'This time I'm not kidding. Something happened.'

'Is everything okay?'

'Nobody was hurt. We have to talk.'

'Okay.'

'Where are you? Will it be faster if I come for you?'

'No, Jughead will bring me home.'

'Okay. Don't stay for too long.'

My heart beaten. What happened?

A/N

Ahah, so I wanted to update last night but I got distracted on netflix, and never go to it. I know, I admit it, I can be a lazy writer sometimes, what can ya do? I had a mini writers block, but I now know what I'm gonna do, so just gotta get writing to it. Anyhow, enjoy, your comments are always amazing!