Identity

Heyyyyy

Welcome back!

Happy reading!

Zacks POV:

I shut my door close and dropped my exhausted body on the cold sheets of the bed. I closed my eyes thinking about nothing in general, just... listening to my breaths and the sounds of pencil-scribble somewhere in the next room.

"Ohmygod... how am I supposed to solve this? I cant believe this... Im on the same problem for the past ten minutes and I still cant find the goddamned answer. Okay. Okay. Concenterate Lea. Just.... calm down. Take deep breaths and dont think of anything else..."

I heard her frusturate over a question and smiled to myself. Why are you adorable?

She never comes to me whenever she has some problems with her schoolwork. I mean like.. NEVER! Not to brag but... I had always been a teensy bit better at studies than her and whenever I offered her my help, she just gave me a sharp death-glare in return.

Maybe I kinda deserved it all those times, considering the fact that I occasionally dropped my homework in her hands...

Some of the thoughts came rushing in my mind, but I pushed them at the back of my mind, not wanting to think about them.

"Arghhfgghhj... why?" A soft sound followed her thoughts and kept on continuing.

I could already imagine her hitting her forehead to her study desk. How childish can you be? You can just ask for my help.... Im right here..

I smiled and shot open my eyes with that smug smile on my lips. I rose up from my bed, but just then I stopped. I stopped because I remembered her words. The pain in her eyes when she asked me yesterday. Her soft hands trembling before I took them in mine.

I sighed, remembering.

Flashback:

There were no one here at the moment. I clenched my fist, in an attempt to calm my beating heart. She smiled at me and sat down on the bench, completely oblivious of what Im going through right now... what I am right now.

"So.. do you often come here?" She asked me placing her hands on her bare knees.

I hummed in response, "yeah...Me and Cookie found this place... its not far from the main building and its really calm here"

She smiled, "you guys must be really close." Her blonde locks fell to her face as she looked down at her feet.

I smiled, "yeah we are.... we've been together, since forever..."

She chuckled a little and an awkward silence hung in the air. I tapped my feet on the ground from the uneasiness.

After almost 6 calculated minutes she spoke up.

"Do you ever feel afraid Zack? Afraid that one day you will wake up to find everything that you had loved is disappeared like it was never there just to begin with..."

I lost my words. I felt a knot forming in my throat.

This is what I was afraid of all this time. Losing another whom I love so much. Im afraid to the point that I dont want to wake up. I already died once when I was at her funeral.... but, I had Cookie... who put back every broken piece of my shattered heart and loved me. I had my brothers who helped me become what I am today. I had Cookie's parents who gave me courage when I lost hope to live. If I wake up to find any of these people gone... is the day I die for real.