Mind Reader

Authors note:

Hey guys! Welcome back!

Sorry for the short update beforehand!

Happy reading!

Azalea POV

Things have been going pretty crazy this morning. The whole news of the murder downtown has spread everywhere and kids here at school are already making weird theories behind the culprit. I dont even understand how is all that 'damnnnnn man' (something that I actually heard when few boys were talking about the murder an hour ago). All of this is scary to me because, of what I heard from the cops' mouth last night.

The victim apparently turned out to be the cashier of the Convinience store. It doesnt really make any sense to me, I had seen him just two days back and now.. he is just dead. The worse part is that.. whatever killed him has something definitely to do with Zack because just a few days back he was attacked by the same wolf-man.. or somebody else who was related to the wolf-man.

I didnt have to see the crime scene to imagine how it would be... I just.. know. Blood everywhere, deep-cut teeth imprints on the victim's body and all the flesh torn apart... the same marks that Zack has on his shoulder, the victim would have it... but, this time... maybe more than I can afford my brain to imagine.

Lea! Stop it! Okay? Just freaking stop imagining the crime scene and think of something else!

Just calm down...

I bit my lower lip hard and heaved a sigh.

"Yo!" I heard a crisp voice right above me and I rose my head. He flashed a wide smile showing his bright teeth. His hands were on the either side of the desk, which I was resting on.

"Lets go get lunch!" He said humming.

"I dont feel like eating, Luciel.." I sighed slumping my shoulders "I've lost my appetite lately..." I looked up at him.

His warm eyes glimmered at me and he sighed back. "You sure?" He said taking a seat beside me. "Because from what I heard they are serving chocolate cake today.. special occasion."

I gave him a b*tch-look  and said dryly, "really? Im not a kid anymore..."

He smiled at that and ran his hand through his hair, taking a seat next to me.

"Who am I kidding anyways?" He snorted with a smile dancing on his lips. I smiled at that shook my head.

"Ah! Your jacket! I've got it today! I kept it in my locker... I will give it to you later" i looked at him and he was simply looking at me. "Sorry... the driers broke down.." i smiled sheepishly.

He laughed at my childishness and ruffled my hair. I scowled at him and grabbed his hand, pulling him down.

We both laughed together, playfully hitting each other as a revenge-comeback but we ultimately stopped when we felt somebody else's presence.

I looked back and saw Zack standing... frowning a bit.

His arms were crossed and his brows raised. I smiled at him, "Hi!"

"Hi." He said dryly. His eyes wandered down to my face, my shoulders and my hands, which were clasped around Luciel's arm.

I found him clenching his teeth and he snorted loudly. I looked at Luciel with a confused expression.. who apparently had the same face. His lips pouted in confusion and I drawed my hands back to me. I got up from my seat and so did Luciel. I stood beside the frowning piece of jerk who was looking down at ne with his eyes squinted.