Hybrid

Chapter 5

Edited

_

_________________________________________

"Puppy"

Lea muttered, not entirely expecting him to look at her all out of suddenly.

His plain-normal coloured orbs were gone and were replaced by silver-blue shade in an instant.

His gaze pierced through her body and hit the farthest wall in the room. Lea stopped breathing as the corners of his mouth, slowly turned into a smirk. A smirk, which she hadn't seen in all her life.... it looked dangerous.

The boys werr chatting but for Lea, the aura of the room became eerily creepy. He didnt move his gaze off of her,  he didn't flinch.

As if like an entre eternity had crossed, Lea felt a warm hand slip into hers  and she finally broke the eye contact with Zack to see Luciel standing next to her.

Luciel didnt say anything, instead he just squeezed her hand gently. He must have seen how awkward she was getting by Zack's stare.

Lea smiled slightly at him, before looking back at Zack.

Zack was still staring at her and she slowly spoke up "Z-zack.... you're eyes... they're silverish-blue..."

He didnt respond this time either and she  felt a cold sweat running down her back. He looked at her and slowly shifted his gaze at Luciel. She couldnt read his eyes at all... what he was thinking at that moment. But whatever it was, it didnt feel good.

"Zack! What happened to you?" Damian shouted finally letting out all the pressure that had build up in him for the past 10 crazy minutes.

Zack snapped out of the stare-game and looked down shaking his head. His new black ears shook and began twitching. He looked back at her and Lea sucked her lips in, entirely terrfied and almost at the verge of crying out of all this madness.

He closed his eyes, taking a deep breath and opened them, his eyes were like clear ocean blue. No more silver effects to make him look scary.

He sighed and walked towards her. She slipped her hand out of Luciel's grip and held the hem of her huge comfy shirt.

"Im... sorry. I didnt mean to.... " he said slowly and hugged her tightly. Lea gave in sighing and hugged him back. She didnt know what he was apologising for, but she felt it was because of the way he had reacted.

They were all scared in their own ways and Lea could feel it.

She felt his deep relaxed breaths on her shoulder. They pulled away from each other taking a step back.

Luciel put an assuring face and kept his hand on Zack's shoulder, patting him. They both gave each other a small smile and Zack stood next to her facing the clueless crowd who had a million questions running through their minds.

"I dont know.... how this happened." He said exhaling slowly.

"Its okay Zack.... we will try our very bests to get you alright..." Matthew said softening his expression, but it felt a lot more than that. Matthew radiated some sort of fear. "So... when, exactly... did these.... features... come out?" He kept pausing to find the right words to not cause an uproar within the dark-haired boy next to her.

"It was fine, until last night..." he looked in Lea's direction for her approval and Lea nodded looking at everyone.

"...... I woke up this morning and I felt utterly exhausted because of last night. So... I went to the bathroom and thats... when I saw.... things...." his voice faded.