Chapter 41: Pray

(Blake's P.O.V)

Dear lord please forgive me for I have sinned, I have come to hate another person you let walk this hearth and I am sorry. He is just very scary and I fear that he might just kill me so I ask that you please not let him do that, I will do anything. I will make sure my room stays clean, I'll even never ask my dad for another penny and whatever money I do have I'll give it to a charity or something I promise just please give me the strength to deal with this arrogant bastard, oops excuse my language, Amen.

That was my prayer to god asking him to keep my safe on this dangerous road that I am now heading down. There are no familiar faces, well Just Sam's and now Nick and his brother Nathan but I don't think they'll save me. I've been sitting in my new room putting everything Nick had bought me away and I started to think how there was so much to this guy that I wanted to know but he wasn't going to show. He left hours ago and it is now 10 pm according to my watch and I suddenly heard a knock on the door. I got up and ran to the front door but remember that Nick said to never open the door and what happened earlier certainly scared me. I walked back and forth and tried to decided whether to open it or not but at the fifth knock the door flew open.

"Sam?" I asked shocked but also relieved to see her. she was the only person I really considered my best friend and I'm so glad that she is here.

"Look I don't have much time to explain but Nick and Nathan have been taken to be killed and I know this is a lot to take on but I need you to listen to me very closely" she said all in a hurry while she went to the kitchen and pressed a button and the oven opened and a blue light came on while a draw came up and she pulled four hand guns out along with a box of silver and wooden bullets.

"wh-what? what are you going to do with those?" I asked her as I watched as she loaded each one and she handed me two of the guns.

"We're going to go save them and unfortunately I have to go pay a very unliked person a visit because we need her help" She said but I didn't quite understand. I'm only 17 I had no idea vampires existed until now and now Sam wanted me to help her save two of them?

"I don't think I can help with that i'm human I have had no type of expreince with this kind of stuff Ill be killed!" I told her and she looked at me seriously and put both guns she held in her hands in the back of her jeans waist band.

"Remember when I was giving that speech at graduation? you held my hand and told me not to worry because you were there? well this is me telling you not to worry I'm not going to hold your hand but I will be there and I wont let anything happen to you I give you my word, Your my first true friend and I've already lost so much I just cant stand the thought of losing anything or anyone else" she said to me and her voice sounded hurt and I almost felt like crying.

"Okay okay, but after all this you have to tell me everything okay I want to know what the hell this friendship is going to be enduring but on the other hand what do you need me to do?" I asked her straightening myself up and putting the guns she handed me in the back of my jeans just like she had moments ago.

"Good, Ill explain everything on the way grab a jacket and lets go" she said and I nodded and ran to my room and grabbed my black leather jacket smilier to the one she had on and pulled it on over my pink blouse and I looked down at my dark blue jeans and black boots and looked in the mirror.

You can do this Blake, just believe in yourself. I thought to myself and I ran my fingers threw my hair and ran to Sam. She gave me a small nod and we both took off to the emergency stairs and she literally flew down them and I couldn't even keep up. Once I got down the steps and out the door Sam was already in her jeep and I quickly got in.

"God your fast" I told her as she drove off and she kept her eyes on the road and I looked at her.

"Yeah well that's a plus of being half vampire" she told me and I looked puzzled.

"Half vampire? so what's your other half?" I asked her curiously.

"Human" she said and I didn't really want to ask anything else at the moment.

"Is mommy coming back?" I heard a small voice ask from the back seat and I quickly turned around to see a small girl with the cutest blonde pigtails and the brightest blue eyes.

"No Jade she isn't but its alright okay? Blake and I will make sure your safe and we'll get that mean lady back for hurting your mommy okay?" Sam answered her and my head began to spin.

"There's a child mixed up in all this too?" I asked and Sam put the car in park and jumped out.

"Cant talk about that now" she said and I quickly got out also.

"We'll be right back okay sweetheart?" I told the girl and ran after Sam into this huge house. As soon as we got inside a girl stepped in front of us.

"Look what the win blew in... trash and her trusty side kick" The girl said smirking but there was a gleam of fear in her eyes.

"Excuse me but I'll have you know that I am not trash!" I told her and she laughed.

"Right, what do you want?" she asked looking at Sam.

"We have a problem and I need your help, Nathan and Nick have been sentenced to the Royal death and as you know the Royal Board is a bit curppt so I'm going to save them and I'm killing anyone against me or trying to stop me" Sam told her simply and I nodded in agreeing with her.  The girl thought about it and she shrugged her shoulders.

"I'm not on your side but because its Nathan I'll do it" the girl said and Sam turned to look at me.

"Valerie this is Blake, Blake this is Valerie" Sam told us both and Valerie rolled her eyes.

"Yeah Hi, now can we go" she asked? and Sam led the way out. I got back into the fron seat of the jeep and Valerie climbed in the back next to Jade and Sam was already in pulling off.

"Um what's with the kid?" Valerie asked and I looked back at her.

"That's Jade and she's with us" I told her and she didn't ask anything after that.

After a while of driving we pulled up to a huge building that kind of looked like and old haunted library but way bigger. We all existed the car and Sam held Jades hand tightly and Sam looked at Valerie and I.

"Okay this is the plan, We're all going into together It will be easier for you guys because your not on there wanted list, well maybe you Valerie, but there wanting me more then anything right now. I'm going to find somewhere safe to hide Jade and with all the people we should easily blend in. We all make it to the main hall where the execution will be held and wait for my go we're going to be taking out a lot of vampires tonight" She told us and I nodded but had one question.

"Why are there so many people here?" I asked and Valerie looked at me and snorted.

"It's the exacution of the most Royal Prince's in any coven, word travels fast in the vampire world so I'm sure every coven from every country is here" Valerie said and I nodded and got a little scared. That's a lot of vampires in one place.

"They'll smell your blood miles away but that'll all be to distracted with what's going on to do anything, so you guys ready?" Sam asked and VAliere and I both nodded. With that we all headed inside with the huge crowed and instantly I started to feel like I owed Nick this. He was protecting me even if it had only been a day so far but I could tell he didn't let anyone in but for me he hes risking having a human under his roof for me.

What is this feeling I am feeling? Could I actually care about anything about a Vampire?