Chapter 34: Wide Awake

(Back in Sams Point Of View) 

I sat for a minute with my parents sitting in front of me and Nathan and Nick at both my sides. I didn't want to start the conversation first so I just cleared my throat many times.  

"I can see I will have to start this thing off" Nick said realizing how uncomfortable I was and he gave me a small smile. 

"We wanna know why your hear and how your hear exactly" Nick said to my parents and my dad kind of glared at him. What was that all about? I thought, does he know that Nick was the one pushing our car over the bridge?. 

"We came to warn Sam what she's getting herself into, what your all getting yourself into, is big" My dad stated with seriousness in his voice and a scared look plastered on his face. Out of the short time I spent with my father I knew he never got scared and if he did he never really showed it. For him to look like this it really did have to be something big. 

"Ok what are we up against do you know?" Nathan asked and my mom looked at him sweetly and gave him her small smile and shook her head no. 

"No but we do know your going to run into a few road blocks trying to awaken the Royal Gods but in all honesty if you make it that far it will be worth it they will handle everything from there and you can all go back to living life as it was" she said and Nathan and Nick both looked at me and then to each other. 

"I doubt things will go back to how they were nothing will be the same after this" Nick said looking down at his feet and I couldn't tell if that statement was meant for me or Nathan or maybe even both of us. It got really quite after a long period of silence my mom got up and asked to speak to my privately. We went to the kitchen of my house, our house, and sat at the kitchen table.  

"You never told us how your here" I said to her as she fiddled her wedding rings and looked at them. 

"Your grandparents are apart of the Royal Gods it was your destiny to become a vampire but along the way you became something else, something way more special... A hybrid. Not many of them exist you being the one and only in this coven actually and you hold more power then anyone even the Royal Board members they want your gift sweetheart and if they get it life for vampires will be hell from that point on" she told me and she gave me a light smile 

"I knew those parts already well except that my grandparents are gods I mean this doesn't make sense" I told her and she looked at me. 

"That's how me and your father got in all this you grandma sent us a message Idon't know how but she did and it brought us to you I don't know for how long we'll be here but I know long enough to watch you save the vampires in this town" she stated and I laughed a little and she watched me more. 

"This isn't what your really worried about is it? You have faith in yourself that you can save these people but you lost faith somewhere else?" She said taking my hand into her and I smiled faintly. 

"How'd you know?" I asked her and she smiled bigger and shrugged. 

"Your my daughter I know these things and I also know when somethings bothering you, is it about those two young men out there?" She asked and I shyly nodded. 

"I don't know what to do at this point I don't know who to choose" I told her in total defeat. 

"Sweet heart your wide awake everything you need to see is right in front of you and all around you. They both love you I see that and you love them both back but the way you look at one is the same way I look at your father, with passion and with the other you see safety and protection but you also see a endless love supply in his eyes for you" she said and squeezed my hand gently. 

"Who do I choose then?" I asked her and she gave a light chuckle. 

"Your wide awake remember? Who said you had to choose? But if you do choose who you know will love you to the end even when the sun rises and it's time for do or die" she said and at first I didn't understand and she got up and made herself tea. My mom always had the weirdest life lessons and quotes but in time, right in the moments I needed them they became clear to me. I smiled to myself and turned in my chair slightly and looking at Nathan from my seat. I loved him with all I had and nothing would change that he's the one... Isn't he? But with Nick he shows something else, something different but they both show a love of fire that neither of them are or will defuse.

After Nathan and Nick headed back to the manor Nathan asked to see me for a second and I agreed. 

"I know this isn't a game for you but with Nick everything is a competition and now we're in a race for your heart and I'm afraid I won't win" he said and he looked me in the eyes and it made me tear up. 

"Nathan" I said and she shook his head. 

"No it's okay I'm not done, I will fight for you okay I will play this game until the sun burns out and there's nothing left on this earth but us and at the end whoever you want, whoever you choose, I will try and be okay with it ok? For you... only for you" he said to me and walked right out the door not even giving me a chance to reply to him. I shut the door shakily and ran up to my room and shut the door and fell back against it as a flood of memories flooded back to me.

*Flashback* 

I walked out of the building holding my books to chest tightly as a swarm of students flew past me at the end of the first week of school. I quickly walked down the sidewalk to go home when I tripped over a stone stuck up out the ground and fell flat on my face. I muttered a few curses to myself before picking up my books and storming off again. I hadn't realized that anyone was standing in front of me until I ran dead smack into them and dropped my books again. 

"Dammit!" I mumbled out and before I could reach down to get my things they were already up. 

"Sorry my bad" they guy said and I looked up at him. He was beautiful honestly and his smile kind of made me melt and if it didn't his thick English accent did the trick. 

"Yea watch where your going" I spat coming back to my senses and grabbing my books. 

"No need to have your panties in a twist I did apologize short stuff" he said with a laugh and I moved around him and began to walk again. He followed me though and I could tell he was going to me a pain in my ass. 

*Flashback over* 

I looked around my room and saw every memory Nathan and I had shared in here. Like the time he stayed over when I got really sick after he turned me or the time he turned me or even the time I was getting ready for school and he was being a total dick. He wasn't that same arrogant prick now that he was then. I knew somewhere deep down that part of him was there but I didn't care I liked that about him he's just layered and you have to peel him apart. I went and laid down and thought about everything that was going on I was so over my head in this crap that I fell asleep and didn't even know I was tired. As I slept though, all I could hear was my mothers voice.

Your wide awake.