Chapter 30: Old Times New Feelings

I stayed back and watched over Nick and while Nathan and whoever that girl was were out getting what I needed to cure Nick I helped him up to his room and in his bed where he had been more comfortable. It sucked watching him suffer like this and it kind of hurt too. I couldn't imagine the pain he was endearing. I kept a bowl of cool water near and a rag and I damped his face and forehead. 

"So who was that girl? She looks familiar but I can't really pick out a name" I whispered not wanting to speak to loud. 

"Valerie? Oh she's no one just Nathans ex " he whispered as I did but casually like it wouldn't affect me at all that Nathans ex girlfriend was here. 

"What is she doing here?" I asked and put the rang back in the water and rang it out and began wiping his face again. 

"Nothing out of the unusual ya know? Just came back from the dead to destroy lives as she use to" he said pulling off a small grin. 

"Coming back from the dead? What do you mean?" I asked and he chuckled a bit and then stopped. 

"That's something you should ask your boyfriend" he told me softly and I smiled. 

"He's not my boyfriend anymore, I... I don't know what we are honestly" I told him and I began to think back to the moment when Nick had held me close as I cried after seeing or thought I saw my dad. I remembered as he kissed me and I kissed back and I enjoyed feeling the electric spark our lips created when pressed together. 

"You know you really shouldn't think like that I would just build up the strength to kiss you again since you liked it so much" he said in his usual cocky tone and I smiled a little more and shoved him gently. 

"Oh shut up" I said and he chuckled grabbing my hand in his and I could feel how warm his body was as he pulled me to him. At first I wasn't to sure on what to do but I laid my head on his chest anyways. 

"You know your really starting to grow on me" Nick said and I listened to his heart beat. I had forgotten all about vampires still being able to have a heartbeat. 

"Oh really well your really starting to grow on Arianna I went to check on here today she wants to know when your gonna come and check on her yourself" i told him and I could tell he was smiling. 

"Well I doubt I'll be ever going or doing anything every again so tell her that I like her and that no matter what she'll be ok" he said and I looked up at him in disbelief. The Nick I knew didn't talk like this the Nick I knew didn't give up he was a fighter. 

"No you tell her that yourself ok your getting out of this bed and your going to take your arrogant ass to the safe house and make her feel like everything in her life didn't just get turned upside down, like her life as she knew was changed and maybe not for the better!" I rushed out and I could feel my cheeks start to burn. 

"Ok Ok" he choked out and before I could say anything else his lips were on mine and that electric shock was back again. I froze for a moment and slowly pulled away and put my finger tips to my lips. 

"I'm sorry I can't..." I said trailing off and I quickly turned around spotting a very quite Valerie. A evil grin spread on her lips and I got up and went and took the bag that held the things that I needed. 

"Oh don't worry I won't tell Natty, but you should know I was his first and I'll be his last" her words were cold and heartless and hung heavy in my ears as she pushed past me and made her way down the hall. She kept her eyes on mine the whole way down the spiral steps until she wasn't visible anymore and I felt something in my crumble. Honestly what was I doing? Kissing Nick like that knowing I love Nathan but I can't deny the feelings that are slowly creeping their way in me for Nick. I sighed heavily and turned to Nick and I mixed everything that Nathan and Valerie had brought me into a thin liquid and made Nick drink it no matter how much he protested. When he feel asleep quickly I knew that the mixture was working and his face began to gain some color back. I slowly crept my way out his room making sure not to wake him and made my way down the hall. I noticed that Nathan's door was opened so I made my way to it and knocked lightly. I noticed that I could smell his fresh scent from here he had obviously just got out the shower, that would explain his wet hair and thin white male tank top and pajama pants. 

"Hey" was all I manged to say and he put down a black book on his desk. 

"Um hi, you can come in if..." He started and with that I slowly made my way inside. For some reason I felt eyes other then Nathan's on my back but I paid it no attention. 

"Thank you for saving Nick by the way, you know what thank you for everything" he said crossing his arms across his cheat making his muscles flex and I couldn't help but stare. 

"It was the least I could do so can I ask you something?" I asked and he nodded giving me the go ahead to ask. 

"What's the story with Valerie?" I asked him and he gave me a faint smile. He knew what I was going to ask he read my mind moments before but he wanted me to ask myself. 

"Well it's a very long story" he said leaning against his desk keeping his arms crossed. 

"Well I've got time not like I have parents waiting on me or anything" I told him and going to sit on his with my legs criss crossed. He laid in his usual spot but gave me space in case I wanted to lay down. He leaned against his headboard. 

"Well what do you want to know?" He asked crossing his fingers on his stomach and it made me smile a little. 

"Everything I guess" I replied simply and he smiled at me making me blush a lot. I don't know why he just gave me this feeling, this feeling of being safe and untouchable whenever I was with him. 

"Well I met Valerie in 1934 here at the manor there was some big ball going on and she and her family were the first among many to arrive. Her parents came early for some meeting at the time I had no clue about and Nick had run up to me to tell me that the most beautiful girl he'd ever meet had just pulled in our driveway. I went and introduced myself and from there I guess you can say the hell started" he explained and I nodded for him to go on and he did. 

"I was human once before you know how I said I was born a vampire? Well I was but I wasn't actually a vampire until bitten" he went on and I put two and two together. 

"And she bit you turning you" I said as if I knew the whole story already. 

"Yup and she compelled me to love but there came a time a very short time that I did love her after being compelled for so long that it broke" he said and it made sense now. 

"But what about Nick? Who turned him? And what about your parents what did they have to say about this?" I asked him as I laid on my side beside him.  

"Well I turned Nick out of anger Valerie had compelled me she had tore apart she used me and she manipulated me but all that's behind me now well until today now she's back ready to reek all hell" he told me and I shivered as I noticed that the window was opened. He had noticed also because he pulled the covers up over me and I decided that I'd take it upon myself to get warmer. I moved in and snuggled in against his body and I smiled against his chest as he wrapped his arms around me. 

"I don't know where we stand entirely but as long as we can stay like this for the rest of the night I'll be ok" Nathan said and with that I let myself fall asleep in his arms.