Chapter 29: The Past Always Pays You A Revisit Continuation

"I leave for not even two minutes and your already trying to kill each other!? Typical Whitehorse boys" Valerie snorted and I cut open his shirt. 

"I didn't do this to him as much as I strongly dislike my brother at times he's still my brother this had to be the members of the Royal Board" I told her and we both looked over my brother and no one said anything. A deep color of red and blue veins pulsed at his skin almost as if they were ready to tear through. His breathes grew weaker and I took a breath and grabbed my phone. I dialed Sam's number quickly and after a couple rings she answered. I told her that she needed to get her right away but didn't tell her I knew she'd freak but I also know she'd be able help heal him. 

"I feel so hoo-ott" Nick choked and we knew this was a bad sign due to the fact that vampires didn't have ice cold skin but it wasn't warm either it was more of a room temperature glass of water. Moments later Sam was busting into the door and ran to Nick's side. 

"What the hell!?" She exclaimed and she sniffed the air a little. 

"Some spiked his Jack with Rose Spain" I told her and Valerie just looked at Sam with her nose turned up. 

"Who is she? She asked and I could sense the jealously in her voice as she felt Sams and I bond. 

"Valerie we don't have time for this" I told her and Sam luckily focused on Nick rather then Valerie. 

"Not just that whoever spiked it also put a shit load of Honey Thorns in it" she said and she grabbed the nearest sharp object and put it to his chest where the veins started. 

"That stopped growing in Standford-Ville years ago how could anyone get hold of it?" I asked confused. Honey Thorns were toxic to vampires it grew in many oak tree all along Standford but many centuries ago when vampire hunters or werewolves began using it to kill us off many King or Queens of different covenants sent a grow of loyal recruits to get rid of them. This of course left many of them dead but the ones that were smart enough compelled humans to burn them down. 

"Yeah well obviously the board members have some I can smell your mother all over this room how could you not?" Sam asked as she cut a long slit down Nicks chest and to his belly button. Rather then your normal bleeding a thick black substance had oozed out and this was a sign of the poison quickly taking over Nicks body. 

"Jesus your own mother would do this to her son?" Valerie asked as she watched the groomsmen scene. Nick scrunched his face up in pain and Sam look at me. 

"In order to save him I'm gonna need more Rose Spain and Honey Thorns also some Olive Leaves and O negative blood" she said and I nodded. 

"Let's go" I said nudging at Valerie and she frowned. I knew if I left her here with same something would go terribly wrong and one would end up dead. She was going to protest but I glared at her and she gave in. This of course gained me an raised eye brow brow from Sam but I pretended to not notice. I got into my car and since Valerie was already inside I sped off knowing we didn't have much time. I looked out the corner of my eyes as Valerie began playing with her black long hair and I could smell the scent of brown sugar and vanilla. This reminded me of all the times she'd force me to take bubble baths with her in that stuff and I remember vaguely how her light Carmel skin glistened in the candle lights that surround the tub. I shook my head intensely and looked at her. 

"Stop that" I growled and she giggled twirling her hair in her index finger. 

"Oh come on I was just helping you remember the good old days seems to me you didn'tneed much of my help anyways" she teased and I gripped the steering wheel.

Maybe I should have left her home for Sam to rip to shreds.