Chapter 38: Nick and Blake

(This chapter is based on Nick and Blake and their foundation on how they start out and how it all ties in together with the rest of the story)

I live by three simple rules in which my brother Nathan has not and has ended up the way he has. One, Never fall in love, Two, Never show any emotion, and Three never ever care at all. You may think that it's stupid but it's worked for me up until now. You've got Sam, the girl is just amazing and not even I can deny her that which is the reason I fell for her and then you have Arianna she's sweet and there is just something about her. But knowing I am incapable of truly loving any girl I compelled her to forget about me and everything she had endured since she had met me. With Sam on the other hand I could not do that I was how do you say? Stuck with her. And she now had left me stuck with someone else... whatever her name is.

I practically had to drag the girl out of the house kicking and screaming after Sam left and I have no tolerance for teenage girls throwing a fit. I could tell she was going to give me hell and I dreaded at that very moment even answering Sam's call.

"You had better get your ass in that car or I'll rip you heart out and drinks it's blood!" I snapped at her and she quickly got into the front seat of my Porsche. i smiled at how quickly she tended to move whenever I threaded her and knew I'd be doing it often.

"Your type of girl is the reason I hate blondes you know that? now do not touch a thing got it?" I told her as I got into my car and speed off down the road. In this family the Whitehorse man chariest their cars like they cherished their mothers and in my case I loved my car more then I did my own mother. She and my father were lying, betraying, traders and I never liked them Nathan was their golden child. I shook the thought of my deceiving parents from my head when I heard the radio come on and I looked at the girl in the seat beside me with a glare.

"Didn't I say to not touch anything?" I asked her even though it was more of a rhetorical question.

"It's just the radio why would you want to drive in silence?" she asked and I shut the radio off and ignored her.

"Hellllloooooo" she said again and I focused my attention on the road instead of her annoying voice.

"Don't ask me any questions don't talk period" I snapped and i could feel that she kept her eyes on me.

"Why don't you like blondes if you're a blonde yourself?" she asked and I gripped the steering wheel tightly becoming extremely annoyed.

"Where are you taking me?" she asked and I slammed on the brakes and she her head on the dashboard and the seat belt restrained her back to the seat.

"Shut up! mother of god you talk more then an infant child don't know you know your not suppose to make the driver uncomfortable?" I shouted at her and she remained quiet. I could smell her blood instantly as the gash on her head began to pulse and I looked I began driving again.  I pulled into the driveway of my condo and parked in my usual spot.

"Get out and make sure you don't get blood anywhere or you cleaning my entire car" I told her coldly as I got out and shut the door. I fixed the belt that held my skinny suit pants up and rolled the sleeves of my white button up shirt up and went around to the other side of the car where the girl leaned against it.

"Hey hey hey! No leaning on my car blondie!" I told her quickly pulling her off and check to make sure my car had no scratches or smudges.

"It's just a stupid car i'm the one with a huge gash in my forehead!" she screamed at me and I chuckled.

"Yeah and Obviously i don't care I'll get you a Dora band-aid when we get inside maybe ill even get you some ice cream would that make it better?" I asked her sarcastically and I saw her tear up.

"I have a name also it's certainly not blondie and no that will not make me feel better you prick! you guys force me to not tell anymore you people are vampires or that you even exist which is insane! Sam forces me to stay with you and you could possibly kill me! and what about my parents they are probably worried sick! I've never stayed away from home for more then 48 hours and that was to spend time with my grandparents!" she yelled full on sobbing at this point. I hated when girls cried I don't know it was the crying that iterated me on the faces they made but it annoyed the hell out of me.

"okay okay stop please,  look i'll check you head out inside and don't freak out i compelled your parents and they think your away on a two week trip with Sam little do they know it might be a little longer then that and well just as much as you don't  want to be here I don't want you here but Sam asked me to protect you so I guess I will now shut up, stop crying and follow me" I told her ending the conversation right there. I led her inside my condo and I tossed my keys on the counter and went to the fridge. i grabbed a cup from the cabanit and a blood bag from the fridge and poured a glass and watched as the girl sat as the kitchen island and just stared at me.

"Okay blondie" I started and she cut me off and almost started crying again.

"It's Blake!" she said and I drank the blood in one gulp and sat the glass down and put my hands up in defense.

"Okay Blake, here are the rules Don't touch anything, Don't go into my room, Stay out any of my things for that matter, You will stay in the guest room I will have it altered to your liking, Do not and i repeat do not answer the door or leave for any reason unless your with me and stay out of the basement it's locked for a reason do I make myself clear?" I told her and she nodded in her response.

"Good now let me see your head" I told her grabbing the first - aid kit from the wall and going to stand in front of her. I lifted her face by the chin and looked over the gash and it wasn't anything to serious. I cleaned up the blood around it and put a gauge on it.

"It'll be fine as long as you don't touch it" I told her and she looked at me.

"Why don't you just give me your blood like Sam did?" she asked and I chuckled.

"Because I don't want to your human and you were born that way so your going to heal like a normal human, you aren't dying so you don't need it now again stop asking me questions" I told her putting the first aid kit away.I went to my room and unbuttoned my shirt pulling it off as I was getting ready to go feed since the sun was going down. I liked to hunt at night it was better and I knew I could pick out my huntie that way. I looked at my room door and realized it was too quiet and I suddenly heard the door open and smelt another vampire. I was at the door in the blink of an eye and Blake stood there and some unfamiliar man stood in front her with his fangs down ready to kill.

"I thought I told you to never open the door?" I told her pulling her behind me and the guy looked at me with a grin.

"Sorry I-i-i-i forgot" she stuttered and I looked at the man.

"How may I help you?' I asked you as i felt Blake's eyes and warm hands on my bare back as she hid behind me.

"I am Luther and I am with the Authority maybe you now them as the Royal Gods" He said and I looked at him but didn't show how confused I was.

"The Royal Gods? that's not possible there in a cave somewhere" i told him and she shook his head.

"Not any longer, They've been awoken but they can't seem to leave the cave a which put  a spell on it but they are giving orders and they have Requested that You and Nathaniel be in there presence tomorrow at dusk" the man said I nodded. He vanished within seconds and I shut the door and tuned to look at Blake.

"I should have let him kill you, no one can know that I am protecting a human so don't ever do that again!" I snapped at her and she flinched. I walked around her and made my way to my room and grabbed my cell and called Nathan.

Hello?

It's me we've got a huge problem get to my condo now.

What is it?

The Authority

with that the phone line went dead and seconds later there was a knock at my door.