Chapter 31: Graduation Blow Out

I woke up to a cool breeze dragging over me leaving goosebumps from head to toe on my body. I was so comfortable that I didn't really wanna move and pulled the covers up over my head snuggling into the bed more. Before I could get back to sleep I heard silent footsteps and quickly sat up looking at the door. Oh great Valerie.

I looked at her in silence and she just gave me a twisted smile and made her way into the room. I had forgotten that I had slept in Nathan's room last night and it made me realize he was no longer laying with me. 

"Hmmmm looks like someone's getting a little cozy everywhere these days... And with everyone" she said looking at the books on the bookshelf and old pictures Nathan had hanging up. 

"Look Valerie I don't know what your intentions are but I don't wanna be the center of your drama I have enough of my own" I told her flipping the covers back and getting up. I still wore yesterdays clothes and I realized how yucky I felt and was in need of a shower. 

"Oh sweetheart I have bigger and better things on my to do list... But you are the first person on my to kill list so watch your back" she said smiling evilly over her shoulder at me. 

"Oh please you may be older then me and a little more skillful then I am but if you haven't heard I'm the vampire to fear around here" I told her and she laughed. 

"Sammy Sammy Sammy, your the type of girl to challenge one of higher class then you are aren't you? Well let me tell you something beastly I am head bitch around here and if I were you I'd be careful I wouldn't want Natty coming home to your body parts spread out around the house like a freaking Easter egg hunt!" She spat and as she spoke Nathan stood in the doorway. 

"Valerie" he said speaking her name as if she were a child and she turned slightly smiling at him. He smiled in annoyance and leaned against the door edge. 

"Stop making empty threats and get out my room you wouldn't want to see stone again now would you?" He said folding his arms and she gave him a giggle and walked to him.Only if your stoning yourself with me baby" she said running her finger down his chest and a rage of jealously built up in me. I hated seeing her flirt and touch him he was min... Not mine but still the guy I loved most. She must have read my thoughts because as soon as she turned around she winked at me and left the room. I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair and puffed out my cheeks. 

"Don't worry about her she isn't going to do anything to you and if she tired my moneys on you" Nathan spoke as he made his way over to me. This made me smile and shake my head. 

"Well then I guess you have faith that I can take a one thousand six hundred and eighty eight vampire" I told him and we both laughed. 

"Yeah well you do know it's the day of your graduation right?" he spoke and I cussed under my breath because I totally forgot about it. How could I forget about my own graduation? At least I had gotten around to picking up my cap and gown from Blake. 

"Dammit! Umm I have to go" I told him and I frantically looked around for my phone and bag. I found both and quickly ran out his room and seconds later back in. 

"Don't" was all I got out because he was already holding up the tickets. 

"I wouldn't miss it" he said and I smiled at him and ran to my car. Once I was in a drove off as fast I could and made my way to my house. I checked the time and it showed I had an hour and twenty minutes to be ready and at school. As I quickly undressed in my bathroom my phone rang and I jumped to it because my pants were at my ankles. You could only imagine how this turned out... Yip I fell just as I gripped my phone and I slide the unlock button and answered. 

"Hello?" I asked totally out of breath and blew my hair out my face. 

"Sam! It's Blake why aren't you here yet? You need to hurry we're doing one last quick rehearsal in the gym" she said and she was kind of freaking out.  

"Oh hey! I'm coming ok just have the gym door opened for when I get there" I told her and I heard a faint ok and hung up. I dropped my phone on my bed and got up taking my pants completely off and running to my bathroom. I quickly showered and washed my hair and once done got out as fast as I could. I ran back to my room and dried myself and rushed my graduation outfit on. It was a white cardigan and nude in color high waisted skirt and my black heels. I quickly blew out my hair and put light spiral curls in them and put on my head band that matched my skirt and let my curls dangle down my shoulders and back. Once I applied some light make up I grabbed my phone, cap and gown, and my senior leave speech. I checked the clock and it showed that I had twenty minutes to get to school and instead of using my car I used my vampire skills because I would get there way faster. When I made it outside I check to see if anyone was around and began to run. The air picked up around me and left trees and houses blurred in my vision and in seconds I was at the gym doors. I knocked on it lightly and it swung opened and I saw a very relived Blake. I guess you can say I found a friend and even if she was human and kind of to happy and preppy all the time it felt nice having someone other then vampires around. 

"Thank god you made it! Let's go" she said smiling and grabbing hold of my hand and pulling me through the crowd of students and to our places in line.  

"Thanks for helping me out" I told her as I put my gown and cap on. 

"What are friends for?" She asked smiling and helping my fix my cap. 

"Well I guess your right but one question" I said looking around and she looked at me weirdly. 

"Yeah?" She said trying to catch what I was looking for. 

"Will you come up with me when I do my senior speech I'm kind of ummm nervous" I told her in honesty. I didn't know how I could take on vampires and werewolves without being scared but something as little and simple as speech had my hands clamming up. 

"Of course!" She said laughing and I hugged her thanking her.

"Okay students quite down we will begin our walk on to the stage we do not have time for the last go over so do your best, smile, and try not to fall" Our principle said making us all laugh in return. As the line moved I started to think about how this year went by so fast and how the two most important people in my life weren't here to spend it with me. As I took my seat next to Blake on stage I pushed any thoughts aside and we all awaited the curtin's to open. I began to breathe a little fast in how nervous I was becoming for some odd reason and I rubbed my hands together and tried to think happy thoughts. Blake must have realized how nervous I was becoming and grabbing my hand and smiled at me. 

"Relax it's only our senior graduation" she said and we both giggled. As if our graduation wasn't anything special. I looked over at one of the teachers as she motioned for us to all stand and the curtins opened and everyone applauded.

"Good evening everyone I would just like to say it was a pleasure to have you as my senior class and I don't think any other principle could as for anything better then an outstanding group of young adults with that said Samantha Giles please come up for the senior speech. I squeezed Blake's hand as I got up and she stood with me and we both made our way to the mic stand. I looked out nervously at the crowd and spotted Nathan sitting with Nick and they both gave a small wave. Instantly my nervousness was gone and I was more then ready to give this speech that I didn't even need the paper anymore. 

"Everyday kids like us, with our talent and ability to strive for what we want, what we believe in makes people stop and say wow their going to be something one day. The class that stands before you has worked our butts off to make our parents proud, some more then others" I started and I stopped for a moment and kind of fought back tears. Blake squeezed my hand and whispered you can do this and I smiled through the approaching tears and started again...