Chapter 25: Truth Be Told

(Sorry for the wait on the update I just got hit with writers block but I think I've come up with something good not to sure though let me know what you think and vote,comment and fan :D  

Xoxo KM)

As I scanned through the old dusty big books I was amazed at how much I didn't really know on what I am or the history on vampires. I hate reading as any seventeen year old teen does but when I was reading these books I actually liked it. It told all about the first and original vampires and how they came to be. All about how the covens got separated and why, it was just overwhelming learning all of what I thought I knew but in all honestly didn't.

I stood there with my eyes glued to the book page and Nick chuckled and tossed something at me. I of course ignored him and continued to read when I heard Mia squeal. 

"I got something!" She screamed and squirmed in her seat. I quickly got up and ran to where she was sitting. 

"Whatcha got?" I asked her and I felt Nick lean over my shoulder from behind and it made me a little nervous at how dangerously close he was but I brushed that away and focused on Mia. 

"Okay so you know how you thought the Royal Board was hiding something?" She asked and I nodded but forgot she wasn't looking at me. 

"Oh um yeah" i told her and she smiled at me eagerly and scrolled down on her computer. 

"Well you thought right" she said looking at her twin sister Kia. 

"As you know hybrids are a very very rare breed and they have tons of power and by power I mean very very special abilities" Kia started and Mia nodded with every word she said. 

"Okay so what does that mean?" Nick asked and I could feel his breath on my neck giving me goosebumps and making my hairs stand up. 

"Well the Board is a member group full of leaders and what do leaders want?" Mia asked and Nick smiled. 

"Power" he said and Kia clapped. 

"Ding ding ding we have an correct answer!" She said and we all laughed. 

"Now you may be asking what this has to do with you if it wasn't already obvious but you have more power then the whole Royal Board all together and they want you out of the way but that's the problem we don't know why I think fighting that war with the Vikings was only a distraction from the actual truth" Kia told us and I just looked at her. 

"Okkkkk... And what could that truth be?" I asked  

"Taking over other covens and becoming Royal gods that's what a leader always seeks more and more power the more they get the more they want every vampire knows that a royal god is just someone you do not disrespect nor take a chance with" Nick said and I turned to look at him. 

" I just read about the Royal Gods theirs only been about 6 of them the last one was laid to rest back in 1923 there hasn't been one since but I don't get how would I or even me being out of the way help the board become Royal Gods?" I asked and Kia looked at Mia. 

"Well in order for them to get the power that you have they have to kill you and the power streams into the bodies of the killers when they drink your blood and in order for them to become gods they have to be the kings or queens of a kingdom and our small coven is nowhere near a kingdom" Kia said and they both looked a bit nervous. 

"Look I won't let them touch her so wipe those nervous looks off your faces I will expose them all before they can accomplish any of this or any of their plans we have to prepare ourselves for this whatever theirplanning we have to be five steps a head got it?" Nick said looking at me sternly in the eyes and then to the twins. 

"Got it!" The girls said in unison and I smiled weakly. 

"I'm not sure I'm ready to start another war when the one we're in hasn't ended yet it's like a whole line of bad blood if we're really going to do this we have to come strong and head on do you know how many people would suffer from this? How many inexperienced vampires will go freely and how many new bloods will walk the streets killing so many innocent people? Vampires are unknown to the human kind we have to keep it that way or the board members won't be our only problem" I told them and Kia and Mia both smiled. 

"Wait so this means we get to help?" Kia asked excitedly. 

"No" 

"Yes" Nick and I both answered at the same time and we both looked at each other. 

"Yes you guys can you've helped us this much we'll really need you now I'm going to go check on Nathan" I stated and I began walking out. 

"Wait Sam don't forget you graduate in a week" Mia said and I stopped in my tracks. Fuck how did I forget about my own graduation?