Chaptr 16: I Told You So

"Some people feed on lies, others on lives"

"She's waking up" a distant voice spoke out and i flickered my eyes and turned my head to the side because of a bright light. When the fogginess cleared from my eyes I looked around the I unfamiliar room and came to the conclusion that I was in the hospital. The beeping of the monitors rang in my ears and i sat up a little. 

"What happened? Why am I am in the hospital?" I asked look at a very pale and dark eyed Nathan. 

I promise I'll rip them apart, piece by fucking piece! I won't let anything happen to you or the life of our child" he growled lowly pacing at the end of the hospital bed and i sat up more. 

"Slow and calm down Nathan, what are you talking about?" I asked him rubbing at a spot on my back that felt insanely sore. 

"The person, people or thing that stabbed a wooden chair leg threw your back you almost died in my arms Sam, I couldn't even save you your not fully a vampire you needed actual hospital care" he said grabbing hold of the bar at the bottom of the bed and looking me in right in the eyes. His eyes were cold, dark and abandoned. Not like his usual bright full of life blue eyes.  

"I'll be fine Nathan ok just I need to get out of here hospitals creep me out" I stated trying to lift his sprits a little. 

"Leave? You can't leave your safe here if this was an early Vikings attack I'm defiantly not letting you leave" he said in more of a command way. 

"And your carrying a kid that could hurt you maybe it's just not safe" he said lastly.  

"Nathan I've been training for this I can take care of myself this kid isn't fully developed yet if I am actually pregnant I'm not really gonna trust in a 5 year olds word and neither should you" I said getting up slowly pulling out everything that was hooked to me and slowly getting my clothes on. 

"Sam as your creator I command you to stay put!" Nathan said his voice rough and his eyes on mine drawing me in but i fought it and pulled my gaze away. 

"No! Who do you think you are?! I will not bow down and kiss your feet Nathan I don't care if your maker or not I'm leaving and I'm fighting this war... With or without you" I barked at him and tossed my black leather jacket on over my arms and walked out. Before I could even get two feet out the door Nathan stood before me in silence. I'm pretty short so I focused on his chest and looked at the wall behind him. 

"Nathan im sorry but this isn't going to work... I can't, I just can't do this anymore. I told you all this sneaking around and stuff just wouldn't work" I told him my voice a little shaky. 

"Don't do this please" Nathan said trying to grab my face and make me look at him but I wouldn't let him. 

"I'll train by myself, I'm going home alone and I'm taking Jade just don't bother OK" I stated coldly fighting back tears and I made my way around him. I signed my own release forms and headed for the doors. 

"Sam, please don't do this, Sam!" Nathan yelled after me but I ignored him and made it outside. I looked up the moonlit sky and began to ball. Tears began to flood my face and I could actually feel a part of me crush and crumble. I clenched at my stomach when I felt a jilt of pain and cried more. Maybe I was carrying Nathans baby maybe I wasn't but either way if it isn't safe for me it isn't safe for the baby either. After a few moments I gathered myself up and began to walk letting the cool air hit an dry my tear covered face. After an hour or so I made it to my favorite place in the world. Home. I grabbed the spear key from under the mat and unlocked the door and stepped in. It welcome me back with a warm embrace and I smiled at how much I missed this place. I shut the door locking it back and making my way up to my bedroom. I only had two day left of my spring break and I was damn sure gonna make the best of it, well try to at least. Once I'm my room I closed my door, stripped down and got into my warm cozy bed. Not long after it began to pour out rain which is good. I fell asleep to he sound of rain drops hitting my windows pane and thinking about none other then Nathaniel.