Cut To The Feeling

Author's Note: Get your holy water and hand fans ready! I apologize again for the delay in an update. Hopefully this chapter makes up for it. ;) Happy reading!

*briefly inspired by 'Cut To The Feeling' by Carly Rae Jepsen*

Kylo and Rey approached the tall towers of gray rock. Four Stormtroopers trailed them, two more staying back at the ship preparing to call for the weapons drop if Skywalker was found.

"Now I've only read about this." Kylo warned Rey as they approached a rusted circle set in the grounds outside the stones. "To enter the temple, we need to use the Force to raise the spires."

"Okay... So how do we do that?" Rey asked.

Kylo sighed.

"Just like with everything else you do. Focus." He said. He turned to the stones and raised a hand.

"Focus." He repeated.

Rey matched his stance and reached out a hand. She squeezed her eyes shut as she willed the stones to move. Do something. Anything!

The ground began to rumble and Rey let her focus slip. The shaking ceased.

"FOCUS." Kylo growled.

"Sorry." Rey whispered. She shut her eyes again and concentrated on the rock. The vibrations from the ground started again and began to increase. There was scraping as the spires rose from the earth, knocking against the rock formations that lay around the tower. Rey peeked out at the rising landmark. An entrance that resembled a mouthful of teeth exposed itself.

"Is that it?" Rey asked Kylo.

"No. That's what they want you to think. Keep focusing." He said to her. Rey narrowed her eyes slightly as she continued to hold onto her focus. She was beginning to feel faint, tired.

Kylo could sense it. Though her Force was strong, she was still untrained, and it was of no surprise a feat such as revealing a temple would cause her to weaken.

"Almost there." He whispered to her.

She bit her lip as she pushed out with both hands this time, helping turn the rock to reveal the true entrance of the Temple.

Kylo lowered his hand and Rey did too, nearly collapsing to the ground as she did so. Kylo caught her as she fell. Her head rested against his chest for a moment, her eyes blurry and head pounding.

"Are you okay?" Kylo asked her, helping her straighten herself. He brushed her hair out of her eyes, staring deep in them. "You did great." He whispered to her.

She lightly smiled, his face slowly becoming less blurry as she regained her senses.

"I'll be fine." She said, slow to take a step back from him.

Kylo turned to the Stormtroopers that had witnessed the opening of the Temple.

"Stay here." Kylo demanded them.

"But sir, General Hux said -"

"I don't care what Hux said. That's an order!" Kylo barked.

"Yes sir." Replied the first trooper.

Kylo took off for the entrance, Rey at his side. Once they had passed through the decorated entrance, one of the troopers turned to the others.

"All right, 100 credits says they're boning. Who's in?"

"You're crazy." Said another trooper. "That's ridiculous. He would never do that."

"I'm in." Chimed in the third.