Red Flags

Author's Note: Hoped to get more uploaded this weekend but I was slammed yesterday and today. Expect the next update around Wednesday or Thursday. Remember - Star Wars Day is Friday! ♡

*artwork used does not belong to me*

Of course Corwin knew which girl the masked man meant. Corwin alerted Ergel immediately and he swiftly saw to Rey.

"Same as before. No funny business!" He told her harshly, pointing at her with his cigarra.

"I understand." Rey said as she checked her top and skirt for any stains from the kitchen.

"Go on, get!" Ergel said, shooing her with the hand that held his cigarra, ash trickling to the floor. Rey hurried from the kitchens and around to the backstage area, crossing through the dancer's dressing room to get to The Maw.

Once she stepped in through the thick black curtains, Kylo was already waiting for her. He stood promptly from the couch and removed his helmet. Rey could feel her heart beating fast.

"Hello again." She said to him, blushing lightly and tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Hello." He said quietly.

Her eyes darted to the pole to her left and then back to Kylo.

"I'm not here for that." He said, not even having to read her thoughts.

"Then what are you here for?" She asked.

He sat back down on the couch, setting the mask next to him.

"The other day. When my associate..." He trailed off.

"Yes." Rey said sternly, the smile wiped from her face. She knew instantly he was speaking of the incident from their first visit. Where was he going with this? Was he going to blackmail her over it?

"I'm not blackmailing you."

She bit her lip and looked down. For a moment she had forgotten he could hear her thoughts.

"You said something to him. For him never to touch you again.... And to tip double the bill."

"I did. He's a disgusting old man." She said, raising her chin again in defense.

"That he is." Kylo said simply. "And you weren't surprised at all that he obeyed?"

Rey thought for a moment. She recalled the first time she had scolded a customer in this manner and how they had obliged with no fuss. Nothing had seemed strange about it, until now.

"I... I don't know." Rey admitted.

"This has happened before?"

"I wish you would get out of my head." Rey said, agitated. Kylo frowned, his eyes slightly narrowing. Rey got the sense he wasn't used to being spoken to in this manner.

"Yes. Once." She said, looking away from him and down at her hands.

'And you can sometimes hear peoples thoughts?'

"Yes." Rey answered.

Her eyes became wide when she realized Kylo had not spoken aloud, yet she had heard his question. She looked up at him in a panic, suddenly feeling light headed and dizzy again. Tears began to well in her eyes. Kylo stood up and approached her. She backed up against the mirrored wall, suddenly feeling fearful of everything that was occurring.

"What is happening to me?" She asked him, a single tear rolling down her cheek.

"You have the Force Rey. Just like me. Like my grandfather." He said slowly as he was now several inches away from her.