Honey

Author's Note: I've reached a milestone with this chapter! This is now my longest Reylo fan fiction. 'Sync' had 25 chapters and 'Desert Rose' has reached 26 - and we still aren't over yet! Thank you to all my amazing readers for your views, comments, and most importantly - your support! Happy reading everyone! ♡

*artwork used does not belong to me*

After Kylo had returned from the refresher, Rey took her turn in the shower. She emerged later to find Kylo back at work at the table, the holo pad casting a light blue hue in the room.

He hunched over the table, shirtless - wearing just his pajama bottoms. Rey noticed a half consumed cup of caf on the table with him. He smoothed a hand over the many pieces of parchment he had littered on the table, the other hand manipulating an image of a planet being projected from the holo pad.

She walked over to him, placing a hand lightly on his back.

"Almost finished with the map?" She asked him, rubbing his back slightly.

"Nearly." He said, turning and giving her a small smile. "No thanks to you." He added teasingly.

"Please, you were practically done with it before dinner." Rey said, rolling her eyes.

"I'd already be done with it but you keep interrupting me." He growled, reaching for her behind and grabbing a fistful of her bottom. She giggled and he smirked.

"What happens once you turn it in to Hux?"

Kylo shrugged.

"We resume lessons I suppose. We can focus on the skills of the Force. You've already proven yourself perfectly capable of performing them." He said. He moved his hand to the map again, highlighting several coordinates of interest. "Hopefully your prowess at the Force will help keep a visit from Snoke at bay."

"Don't stay up too late then." She said to him. "I'm headed to bed." She leaned and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

He turned and grabbed her arm to keep her from moving away, pulling her back to him. He kissed her on the forehead.

"I'll come to bed soon honey." He murmured to her. Rey blushed, biting her lip, staring up at him.

"What?" Kylo asked, staring back.

"You called me 'honey'."

"I said we could use endearments in due time." He replied. She smiled.

"Do you not like it?" He asked.

"No... I like it." She said. "Why that one?"

"Because you are my Desert Rose. And honey comes from the most beautiful of flowers."

Rey blushed again.

"You know, honey comes from Sparkbees harvesting pollen from flowers." Rey said.

"Yes, well, if you're technical about it." Kylo said, going slightly pink. Rey giggled again before giving him another kiss.

ooooo

Kylo's alarm blared early in the morning. He chose to ignore it, deciding he'd rather stay curled up in bed with Rey in his arms again. Rey groaned, struggling to move in his grasp.

"Aren't you going to get up?" She asked him, yawning as she slightly sat up.

"No, this is much better." He murmured, still holding her as close as he could. Rey rolled her eyes and reached out a hand towards the chronometer. She centered the focus of her Force on the object. It slightly rose off the end table and with a swift movement, it was shot across the room shattering against the floor in a crash. The beeping ceased. She laid back down on the pillows.