Control

Author's Note: A little short but he next one will be a doozy! ;)

*artwork used does not belong to me*

Kylo and Rey exited the room, greeted by Hux who had angrily waited for them.

"Well I hope you two are happy with yourselves." He said to them, crossing his arms.

"Don't you have coordinates to chart?" Kylo said, brushing past Hux. Rey shot Hux a smirk. He glared back.

"You are impossibly frustrating!" Hux shouted at her. "The Supreme Leader won't play favorites for long!"

"You're just jealous." Rey sassed. Hux's mouth fell open and he gave a gasp.

"Look how your apprentice speaks to her superiors!" He yelled at Kylo. "Do something about this!"

"She's free to speak her mind." Kylo said with a shrug. Rey smirked.

"Look how smug she is!" Hux continued to complain. "She's just as bad as you sometimes."

Kylo looked down at Rey and she quickly glanced back at him. He gave her a small smile.

"If that is all, we are already running late." Kylo said, entering the elevator.

Hux just glared at them, hands on his hips as the elevator doors closed.

"Thank you." Kylo said to her partway through the elevator ride.

"For what?" She asked.

"You know what I mean." He said. She blushed. He meant how she held his hand.

"You kept your anger in control. I'm impressed Master Ren." She said cheekily. He cleared his throat.

"We are already behind schedule. I trust you can grab a small lunch and change quickly?"

"Yes Master Ren." She replied.

"Do not be late." He told her as they reached the floor of the dining hall.

ooooo

Rey entered the training studio right on time. She hurried and grabbed a training staff but Kylo shook his head at her.

"Not today." He said, taking the staff from her. She gave him a confused look.

"If the Supreme Leader wants to see the results of your training next week, we're going to have to step things up."

He pointed to the lightsaber on her belt. She unclipped it and held it awkwardly in her hands.

"We'll start with the combat remotes first." He said, picking up one of the larger of the remotes off the floor.

He moved her into position, showing her how to best hold the hilt of the saber. Her thoughts again were loud about how close he was to her. He smiled to himself.

"I'll set it on easy. I'll increase it over time." He said, walking back over to the remote and activating it.

"Now, ignite your saber." He instructed. Rey glanced down at the hilt in her hands and flicked the upper knob of the of the saber, a beam of blue light flooding the room.

She stared in awe at the blade of light before a loud shot echoed from the remote. A red laser shot out at her and she nimbly dodged it.

"Use your saber!" Kylo said, frustrated.

"Yes Master Ren." She apologized. She positioned herself properly and readied herself for the next shot.

She did well on easy mode but she began to be overwhelmed when Kylo switched the remote to the intermediate setting.