Not Your Maid

Author's Note: A bit of filler, but I at least was able to get something written while I'm 'technically' on vacation. There will be more following this weekend, I promise. Happy reading! ♡

*artwork used does not belong to me*

Kylo's eyes raged at the officer.

"My apprentice -" Kylo said, gesturing at Rey with a gloved hand. "- was personally assigned to me by Supreme Leader Snoke HIMSELF! Are you suggesting that she stay in the BARRACKS with the soldiers???" He barked. The officer shrank back in fear.

"My apologies, Leader Ren. I... I had no idea... I... erm..."

"ENOUGH!" Kylo shouted. "My apprentice will stay with me. But let it be known that I will make sure General Hux is aware of your failure in his assignment."

"Forgive me, Leader Ren!" The officer said, bowing greatly before scurrying like a wounded animal to the elevator.

Kylo sighed deeply as the elevator doors closed behind the officer. He turned to Rey.

"Do you think that was a good enough show?" He asked her.

"I think you made it quite clear you don't want to share a room with me." Rey said, eyeing him curiously.

"Well, I admit the situation is a bit less ideal..." He said, trailing off as Rey crossed her arms in front of her chest.

"So you really DON'T want to share a room." She stated to him.

He nervously rubbed the back of his neck.

"I just meant -"

"Mmmmhmmm." Rey said, pushing past Kylo and pressing the door release button.

The suites on Starkiller Base were far grander than those on the Finalizer. Everything seemed to have nearly doubled in size. A small chandelier even hung from the ceiling. Rey went into the kitchen and opened the ice box to find it fully stocked with a variety of fresh foods. There was even frosty treat!

Kylo came up behind her.

"Rey, it's not like I don't WANT to share a room with you..." He said quietly. Rey sighed as she shut the ice box before turning to face him.

"I know. You're just used to being alone. And it's certainly too early for us to be rooming together." She finished for him.

"So you understand perfectly." He said. She nodded in response.

"Just don't be a slob." She said, giving him a sly smile. "I'm not your maid."

"No promises. I hate laundry." He replied.

Their trunks were delivered by a pair of troopers. Kylo continued his angry charade by berating the troopers upon their arrival. Rey unpacked her trunk first, hanging up her clothes in the large closet adjacent from the bed.

"If it's alright with you, I'll take a shower after dinner." She said to Kylo.

"Fine by me." He replied, trying not to think of Rey showering in such a close proximity to him. "So what are you making for dinner?"

She scoffed.

"Who said I'm making dinner?" She asked. "Is there no dining hall on base? Or are you just being facetious?"

"There is..." He said as he joined her at the closet, arms full of armored jackets. She made a face at him. He smirked back.

Following dinner and her shower, Rey emerged slightly embarrassed from the refresher. She held her robe tight around herself even though it was securely tied around the middle. Kylo was lounging in one of the armchairs in the sitting area portion of their suite. A thick book shielded most of his face. Rey busied herself around the suite, choosing to ignore him - afraid she would be a bother to him.