Getting my daughter back

Present Day

                I walked through the school hallways with Rebekah as she talked on and on about Nik taking advantage of her and snapping her neck.

               " Well, Beks, what did you think he would do? I mean, you did destroy every bit of blood that he had from the doppelganger. I would be surprised if he hadn't been pissed."

                " Why are you defending him. He practically said I was nothing to him and then snapped my neck." She snapped at me.

                 " I'm not. Although you did destroy the doppelganger's bags of blood, he had no right to do what he did to you. Is that what you wanted to hear?" I asked.

                 " Yes, actually. So, you probably want to know why I dragged you here." She started to say before she caught sight of Matt and ran over to him.

                  " Of course she came here to see Matty Blue eyes. Not at all here for her education. Not at all." I muttered right before I was knocked off my feet. 

                   I groaned and sat up to look at the flustered girl who was blubbering with embarrassment, by my guess. 

                   " I'm so sorry. I wasn't looking and are you hurt?! Oh my god! I hurt someone on my first day back at school. I'm a total clutz, I'm so sor-" I stopped her by placing my hand over her mouth and giving her a small smile.

                   " It's fine, I'm fine. No bruise. All good. So I hear it's your first day back at school. I've never seen you before. What's your name?" I asked her as I helped her pick up her folders and books that flew out of her hand when we both fell.

                   " My name's April Young. What's your's?" She asked me as I stood up. I looked at her closely and I could tell that she was definitely related to the recently passed Paster Young, though I didn't ask her about it. I wasn't an idiot.

                   "My name's Isabella Mikaelson. I'm Rebekah's sister so technically I shouldn't be here. I oughta go anyway. Help my twin brother with whatever he's gotten himself into right about now. It was nice meeting. Have a lovely first day, Darling." I waved at her before walking swiftly to the exit.

                    Something about her reminded me of Annabella. My sweet Annabella. I miss her. I just hope I find her again. She deserves that. We both do. 

                     As I entered the mansion, I saw a dead hybrid's body, a missing hunter, and klaus sitting on the couch, drinking, acting like both of those things weren't humongous problems.

                     " Nik, are you feeling alright?" I asked him. He had that calm expression on his face as I neared him. So I knew that he was in calm and crazy mode.

                     He mumbled something too soft for me to hear. I sat down beside him and gently laid his head in my lap before softly running my hands through his hair.

                    " Nik?" I asked him again.

                    " You have a daughter." He mumbled, but this time, I heard him.

                    " Where did you hear that?" I asked in shock. No one knew of my daughter, except for my daughter and myself, obviously.

                    " When? How did I not know this?" He asked me, sitting up. I let my hands fall into my lap as I watched him pace around the room.

                   " Nik, you're gonna burn holes through the floor." I said, trying weakly to calm him down.

                   "I'll tell you the story if you sit down, Nik." He ran over to me and laid his head back in my lap as I started to run my fingers through his hair again. " It all started when I met this boy in 1620. We spent 5 years together, totally in love, before he was murdered by a vampire. What I didn't know, was that I was pregnant with his child. she was a girl, the most beautiful baby I had ever seen. She would turn into a full vampire at 23, but she was all mine. Anyway, we moved to Bulgaria and we lived there for 20 years,then we visited Paris. We were having an amazing time, until I caught sight of Mikael, I portaled her back to Bulgaria and then let him take me. He tortured me for 30 years, but I would never betray any of you. Then, in 1675, he forgot to lock the door after leaving me in my cell. I didn't know of it, but I remembered every memory i had of my sweet daughter, and then I remembered how he separated us. I got so angry that I melted my restraints. Then I made a portal and went back to Bulgaria, only to find out that she left as soon as she was sent there to find me." I softly sobbed as he grabbed me and pulled myself to his chest.

                   " Well then I have some good news." He said, smirking smugly no doubt.

                    " Oh yeah. What is it?" I asked him.

                    " You know how I said you had a daughter." 

                   " Yeah, get to the point, Nik." 

                  " Don't you wanna know how I got that information?"

                  " I have no doubt that you will tell me, anyways."

                  " Annabella is very much like you. You know that." He said, smugly.

                  I turned to look at him, tears blurring my vision. If he knew how much alike she was to me, then he had to have seen or talked to her. Which would also mean that Annabella is not dead, and I could finally have my daughter back.

                 "Where is she?" I asked him. 

                 " She's on the fastest plane, Isa. You're finally gonna get your daughter back." He swung my around and we both laughed. I guess we both needed it. We were both going through a tough time and we needed a good time to balance it out. 

                  All I know is that when I needed him, Nik was ALWAYS there.