Chapter 27

It’s been an everyday routine for me going to school from 8:00am to 4:00pm. Michael goes out of school at 4:00pm too then he meet Marco on our house after his school and leaves at 7:00pm but only on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. It’s been two weeks that pass I still keep on silent and haven’t said anything yet, it goes well but inside of me it’s not. Michael always tries to visit me and take me out even though his busy and tired. We study in different school which is really hard how he cope his own time we both got in an argument because he always ditch his class just to wait for me he done it twice a week ago although we got on those little fight we always ended up laughing about it. This makes me stop myself to figure it out, everything with Marco, with Karen and with Jc but it has the end and maybe it’s really on my own hands.

 It’s Sunday and I’m still laying on my bed, I’m too lazy to get up good thing I don’t have any school works to do. Mom called me downstairs, I went down. It’s already noon and she prepared some lunch, Marco is sitting beside her as I walk towards the table they both looked at me, I sat down and stare on my plate. I don’t feel the hunger inside me, I’m so stressed. I want to see Michael but I also want him to have his break, his time for himself. Mom and Marco both start eating, mom prepared some meatloaf and mashed potato, typical American food.

“How’s school sweetie?” Mom asked me.

“Same old, same old. It’s still a school.” I said trying to be sarcastic.

“Do you really have to answer like that?” Marco said to me.

“No, sorry. I’m not really in the mood right now.” I said while playing with my mashed potato.

“Nice necklace where did you buy that?” Mom said to me.

I froze a little. She noticed the necklace that Michael gave to me. I hold the pendant.

“Michael gave it to me mom.” I said.

Marco stared at me.

“How are you and Michael?” Marco asked me.

My eyes widen. It’s the first time he ever asked that to me. I can’t look at him knowing the fact that Michael might be his son, if I’m right, I still have no proofs.

“We’re okay, why you ask?” I faced him.

“Nothing, I just wanted to know.” He said while he eats.

I still haven’t touched my food. I told them I’ll just eat on my room because I don’t feel well. I grab my plate and walk upstairs, lock my room, place the plate on my study table and lay on my bed. Here I go again, thinking and thinking. Fuck. I really need someone to talk to, but who? It can’t be Jen or any of Michael’s friends they might tell Michael not that I don’t trust them but they could. I can’t call some of my school friends or my friends around here they might know I’m up to something or the fact there’s stain on someone’s family and it’s us and Michael’s.

There’s only one person I could talk to about this.

It’s Bree.

Even though I have this little pride, I have to forget about it. She’s the only person I could talk to about this kind of stuff. I can feel I can still trust her, the day she told me at school I needed someone to talk to it’s a sign she still cares and still know who I am, if I’m having troubles, if I’m not okay. I decided to stand up from my bed eat my lunch and took a shower, after that I quickly fix myself. I told mom I’ll visit Bree. She doesn’t know that Bree and I got into a fight, not literally in a fight but how our friendship fades.

I got to my car and drive to her house at first I wanted to call her but I think I should just surprise her that I’m visiting my former best friend.