Chapter 30

Reading Calum’s text message makes me panic but I tried not to. He has the what? Files about Marco? How did he found some? I quickly put my clothes back on and wake Michael up but he’s being lazy and don’t want to wake up. I keep patting his arm.

“Michael, wake up.” I said and keep shaking him.

“Michael, I have to leave. If you’re too lazy to get up I’m going now.”

I stand up and walk over then he gets up and grab my hand.

“Leaving already? It’s still early. Come on Lai.” He begs.

“Michael, my mom is home already I have to go now.” I said making an excuse I have to see Calum.

“Let me get dressed first, I’ll drive you home.” He said.

“No need Mike, I can go home by myself.” I was really in a hurry and I’m already on the door.

“Lai, stop, we haven’t been spending a lot of time together and you’re acting weird lately. Seriously, what’s going on?” He asked while putting his pants on.

I don’t know what to tell him, I have to leave. I have to see the files, it’s also for him, what I’ve been doing. I’m not being selfish, I wanted to confirm if it’s really true or this is just all a misunderstanding.

I walk back at him I hug him really tight.

“It’s nothing Michael, I’ll call you later. I love you.” I said.

“Fine.” He said, I can feel his mad at me.

I pull away and didn’t say a word he go back and lay to his bed again and cover his face with his pillow, I open the door and I’m about to leave.

“Michael, I love you, okay.” I said and I went downstairs.

I almost cried seeing his face like his pissed, I don’t want to leave him right now but this is important to me. I know he won’t really find out who send him the letter but if that letter is just a joke or prank like what he said, well for me it isn’t. I took a cab and went straight home first before I meet Calum because I’m still on my uniform, as I got home. I wasn’t expecting that mom was really here this early.

“Where have you been missy?” Mom asked me both of her hands holding her waist and looks really angry at me.

I remember I just cut classes today.

“School..” I said, I can’t look at her.

“Well your school just called me that you have a stomachache, I forgot to call you because I was busy. So where did you really go?”

“I really do I was going home but I realize no one will be here so instead, I went to Michael’s place.” I said, making a reason again. I hate lying to my mom.

“Seriously? Alaissa, I know you don’t have a stomachache. Just tell me the truth.” She give me that angry face.

I let out a big sigh and biting my lower lip.

“I went out to see Michael. I cut my last two periods.” I tell the truth.

“God! Sweetie I know you’re not a kid anymore but can you please not do that again.”

“Mom, I know, I’m sorry this will be the last of it.”

“Yes, because you are grounded starting tomorrow, grounded for a week!” She shouted.

“But mom! You can’t, the fuck!” I yelled.

“Don’t yell at me Alaissa, I know you love Michael, I like him for you he’s nice but you have to learn for doing what’s not right, I don’t stop you on things what you love and dating boys but for this I might think Michael will be a bad influence for you. Be thankful it’s only one week and I’m not going to take your phone only your car keys.” She explained and goes to the living room.