Chapter 35

Life can be fair as long as you prove something for yourself that you are meant to have it..” The words run on my mind as I write it down. I was writing my essay for English Literature, it’s the last day of class and we only have two weeks preparation for the commencement practice. Our teacher told us to write something that happened to us for this year or for this school year, I decided to write what happened to me and Michael. How cruel the world to us not being an emo or what. Just stating the fact that if it really wasn’t for you then it isn’t, it hurts me writing the words but I know deep inside if Michael was for me then there’s always a way for us to be together.

Michael and I didn’t communicate since the night we talked, that Christmas night. I still haven’t move on I always miss him, so much. I wonder if he feel the same way, I wanted to visit him so bad but mom won’t let me she doesn’t hate Michael but knowing that his mom was Marco’s ex-wife and he cheated, accidentally or not. Ever since mom filed a divorce to Marco they hadn’t talk a lot, they argued most of the time. Marco doesn’t want to sign the papers we still live with him but mom already packed all of our belongings and whatever she could take, she want us to move after I graduated in high school. She hasn’t told me where we will move and it really bothers me the fact that this is one of the reason I won’t be seeing Michael anymore and my friends. Everything I had here will be just a memory, a memory that I will always treasure.

The bell rang and we all pass the papers. Our teacher tries to joke around and being emotional that we’re gonna be in college soon, as I walk out of the room and walking to the hallway I stare blankly on my locker door suddenly I feel really bad. I get all of my stuffs and put it on my bag pack and I called Bree and told her to meet me at the mall.

“Is it really final?” Bree said as she took a sip of her iced red tea.

“Yeah, mom has its final words to me.” I said and playing around with my ramen noodles.

Bree and I went to this Japanese eating place at the mall.

“Where will you guys move?” She asked.

“I don’t know. She won’t tell me to be honest, but she had tickets already I saw it on her bag but I can’t see what country.”

“What?! Country?” She yelled at me, I almost spit the noodle soup on my mouth.

“Yes Bree, she want us to move far like we really have to move on here.”

“God! Why it has to be this way, this is too much for you and Michael.”

I gulped and stop eating when she said Michael’s name.

“Sorry I didn’t mean it Lai.”

“It’s fine. I already move on, I guess?” I said more like I question it to her.

“Really? Obviously you are not.”

“I know that I’m just trying to say that to make me feel okay and trying to forget him.”

“Yeah but it wouldn’t help you, you know.”

“What would help me then?” I asked her and raise my eyebrow.

“Talk to him for the last time. At least you tried and I could feel it might be the last do you even want to regret that?”

 I almost choked when she said that to me she’s right. It might be the last, the hell what mom will do we’re going to move anyway. I have to see him soon and both of us will graduate in high school and I want to know what he will do after he cancelled everything with Marco.

“Yeah you’re right I have to. I have to see him.” I said.

“Well you can skip next week it’s only our march practice I could reason out while you were out.” Bree said and winked at me.