Chapter 34

Another month that passed and its Christmas break. Just two days away and its Christmas Eve. My mom has been depressed and almost drink every night, she got paranoid and she was like out of control we didn’t spoke for a while. Why? Because the day I was about to go to school mom received this package and when I opened it, it has pictures, pictures of Marco and not only that he’s with Karen, Michael’s mom. I didn’t tell mom I knew the girl I just kept silent, I was in shocked too seeing those pictures, and they’re making out as if like they’re together again all pictures was on the bar. My conclusion was right. The reason why Marco extend his stay in New York is because they will see each other and that day Michael told me his mom will be on Florida was a lie, everything was all lie.

Speaking of Michael, we haven’t talked. He calls me and text me saying his sorry offering me his apology every single day I know he couldn’t resist me but here I go again, I’m keeping my distance. I love Michael and I miss him terribly but when I saw the pictures that Marco has still a thing for his mom it hurts me. I’m thinking a lot how to solve this, how can I escape this mind blown but I guess there’s no way out. I have to choose between my love for Michael or for my mother.

Relationships can wait, most people say but I felt different. Even though it’s only months being with Michael it’s all surreal and he enlighten me, he’s truly a sunshine that brighten my day and he’s real. Knowing the facts that there’s this big plot between us makes me want to commit suicide. He’s the son of my step-father, which is wrong, really wrong. I Know where not on the same blood line but it doesn’t look good to see in a picture. Both of us will just get a dirty description when this bomb out to everybody and I’m scared, scared for the reason that this is the whole thing that could break us together.

I’m walking now to get home and it’s freezing outside. I just went to the park to get some air because of everything that happened. It’s a little bit foggy because it’s already 5:00pm, I feel weird that someone is behind on my back, I stopped walking and I turn around and someone kissed me on the lips.

“Who are you!” My voice was muffled. I was trying to pull away.

The taste of his lips, the warm that I could feel, it’s what I miss, I was about to pull away but he deepen the kiss. My eyes is still closed as I open it I feel my whole body was completely loose. It was Michael, my love, he was crying. I hugged him really tight.

I’m being so dumb again, keeping myself away.

“Lai, I miss you.” He whispered on my ear.

I can feel the warm of his body while we hugged as he rest his head on my shoulder I could feel the warm breeze from his mouth, though it’s really cold, I didn’t feel the coldness being with him.

“Are you following me all day?” I asked.

“I always followed you Lai, every day, you’re doing this again. Do you really want us to be gone forever?” He asked.

It hits me.

“No Michael I don’t want to but I guess I have to.” I said and tears stream down on my face.

“What?!” He yelled and pulled me away. Both of his hands grab my shoulders and look straight to my eyes.

“I already give you clues about this but you ignore it.” I said and looking in the different way. I can’t stare at him because of the guilt inside me.

“Is this about my goddamn father again?! Is it?! Lai, why do you even try to find my dad, me and my mom are fine. What’s got in to you? Do you feel sorry for me?!” He was shouting.

I’m crying again like a shit in front of him. I was terrible. He still holds my shoulders, my hands were freezing. I can’t take this anymore, I have to let it out. He obviously doesn’t care knowing who his father and Karen doesn’t give a fuck too. I guess she just wants to get on Marco’s pants again, that’s why they keep this all secret lies and don’t even give Michael a justice for knowing his background.